Anyone else get "stuck" at a number and start gaining.

Options
In the past whenever I have lost weight. I get to 209 and then I start gaining. I think it is because all the attention starts to make me nervous. Men don't bother the fat girl. Well at least not this fat girl.

Right now I am at 235 so I have some time before I hit the "magic" number. I am hoping I just breeze past it and then it won't affect me. I do have to start dealing with that number and its effect on me.

Right now I am smaller than I have been in over 10 years.

Replies

• Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I know for me when I hit 175 I seem to bounce around with my weight. I just reached it again after going back and forth losing 3 gaining 3. Im just going to concentrate on working out and making the right food choices. Hopefully Ill fly passed this number... Trying not thinking about the number think about 200 instead of 209.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have had this happen. This time when I got close to my number I upped my exercise significantly, and now am 3% down from there (whew!). I feel somewhat stuck where I am at now though so need to re-dicipline myself.

Good luck!!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at 166 right now and fluctuate within two lbs normally. Next month im going to reevaluate what i do and see if that works.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've been gaining and losing the same 5-8lbs for over two months now, so I'm starting to try and focus on things other than the numbers on the scale... haven't weighed myself in a week but I plan to go another week before I weigh again, meanwhile I'm hitting the gym extra hard and being vigilant with my food diary and measuring myself...
  • meramirez2012
    meramirez2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on being smaller than you ever have in 10 years! That's amazing!

Yes - my body seems to have a weight that it feels most comfortable at. I struggle because I don't like the way I look at that weight, but techincally it is within the "normal" range. Every time I go under it, I feel like I have to eat like a bird AND work out like a crazy woman not to go right back to that number.
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced this personally but maybe when you are close to 209 focus on measurements and don't weigh yourself for a while. That way, you will blow past 209 without even realizing it. It can be helpful to ditch the scale, at least for a little while, because we get so focused on that number. Measurements are an even better indicator!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yep. 155. In the past I'd get freaked out by success and would promptly start sabotaging my progress. I'm looking forward to unceremoniously breezing right by it this time because I'm actually ready to do this now. Makes all the difference.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try being at the same weight for a yr or so. I do good with my workouts and food ( ok i do slip up every now and then, who doesnt?) But yea i feel ya.
  • crazybakingmom
    crazybakingmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I seem be be hoovering around 172..up 3 down 2 up 1 down 2..etc. I have decided my body doesn't really want to lose any more. Fortunately I am going to keep plowing along. I need to find time to do more exercising and it may help.

Don't let 209 freak you out. try aiming for something else and see if that helps.
    Hang in there!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    sometimes u just have to switch stuff up a little.. drop 100 calories or lower your carbs, or add some cardio, or add some strength training, or add a few extra workouts, etc. Whenever I hit a plateau i just make one change and I usually pass it up within a week.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My number is 150. Let me know if you find a cure for this.
  • auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 199 for about the last two months, I keep gaining and losing repeatedly. This is the lowest I've been for the last 7 years so I should feel happy but arghh... I want / need to lose more.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150 and I've been at this for 3 years. The first year I lost quickly and steadily. Then I kind of maintained for a couple of years before gaining. I got stuck around 172 for WEEKS. Then I ignored my scale and started weight training and got to 164. Then I ate more clean and got to 161, but I haven't been able to get past that. I started running longer distances and did Insanity. Then came the holidays and I said screw it. I gained on purpose by eating at maintenance for 8 weeks. I'm now at 184, trying to get down from there. At least I still wear the same clothing size.