Polar FT60 vs Polar FT7 Help me choose which one?

Options
I am going to get a Polar heart rate monitor and I have it narrowed down to these 2 models. The FT60 has way more features, but is also way more expensive.

Any advice from anyone who has experience with either of these heart rate monitors?

Replies

• Troy_Boy1969
    Options
    You didn't mention it, but I use the H7. The bluetooth connects to my iPhone for hr monitoring, cals burned, etc. the iphone let's me use the GPS to track mileage, routes, etc.

It isn't very expensive, either.

Happy training,

Troy
  • juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    i have the 7 and really love it!
  • drinknderive
    drinknderive Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7. It works well for my personal training and running. I like that I can analyze my progress and have a more accurate measure of calories burned, fitness training vs fat burn, etc.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It really comes down to what you want and what you'll actually use. I got the FT7. All I care about is being able to monitor my HR while I work out and knowing my calorie count at the end. I probably should've saved a few dollars and gotten the FT4.
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive just made the choice between the ft 7 and 60 as an upgrade for my FT4 and I chose FT7 because I felt at this time the FT7 suits my needs and with FT60 which as more features but I dont need that. The FT7 had really good reviews and so far so good. I wanted it mainly for the fitness/fat zone workout %.

Good luck in your choice
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the 7 and I LOVE IT :)
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and LOVE it!!!! It's all about what you want and what you'll use though!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my FT7! :heart:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just ask yourself how many of those features do you need/will use?
  • shaitanslc
    shaitanslc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT40. It's the best for a feature/cost balance.

The biggest of which is that this watch estimates (pretty accurately even) V02MAX which extremely important when tryign to calculate accurate caloric expendature. It essentially adds another metric to it's calorie burning algorithim.

Another thing that it does that the FT7 doesn't is has a fitness test. It benchmarks your V02MAX and gives you a rating that tells you how fit you are from a cardio perspective. I love this because I use these metrics for motivation.

The FT40 is a bit more expensive, but the V02MAX estimation is a very important metric for the reasons stated above.

Hope this helps.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60. I think it is totally worth it. It holds me accountable for my workouts and time in each zone..... LOVE it and would buy it again for sure.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same models, but a bit of a comparison: I had the FT4 and moved up to the FT40. To compare, the FT4 told me when I was "in the zone" for exercise, but the FT40 tells me when I'm in a fat burning mode vs. a fitness-improving mode. It also has a "fitness test" that the lower model number did not have, and I use that every few days to check my heart progress.

For me, going for the higher model was worth it. I'd probably go with the FT60 between your choices; whether you need or want the features it has now, you most likely will start using them when they're available at your fingertips.
  • skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I just placed my order and went with the FT60, some of the extra features are really neat, I really like the fitness test option.
  • BeautifullyHuman123
    BeautifullyHuman123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4!!!! I recommend it hands down. Purchased a basic one during Black Friday from Best Buy and the darn thing broke a week later. Then one of my pals posted how much he liked his Polar, recommended me to visit Bodytronics.com and the rest is history. I purchased the FT4 in pink for $50 and it is tha bomb! Stores many workout sessions, easy to function and large face...it even has a light screen when I walk at night. Funny thing, I'm wearing it now! Since I like acurracy, I wear it majority time to track my daily physical activity, as well as each workout session. Best of luck in which one you purchase!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I started with the FT7 and upgraded later to the FT60. I wanted the FT60 because of the fitness test. It gives me a more accurate calorie burn because of the fitness test.