Heart rate monitors, compatable bras, what do I do?

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Okay so. I am purchasing a heart rate monitor off of amazon. Now, I am new to this whole fitness business and am trying to get myself into it. I do little work outs at home and I do Zumba. I'm tired of trying to calculate and probably being wrong in terms of calories. While browsing them in amazon I came across several that seem to fit what I need, but because I have no idea what I'm looking at and going in blindly I need help. I saw Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor and it has high ratings. It aslso falls into what I'd be willing to spend. What do you think of it? Or are there any other good ones I should take a look at prior to buying? I just want something that will obviously track my HR but also calories burned. I don't need it to log or store work outs or anything schmancy like that.

Second question: I also saw a sports bra that had a built in HRM that said it was compatible with other HRM. now. Only 7 people reviewed it and three people commented on it. Was almost given 5 stars. Only one person gave it a three in terms of when she went running, the built in thingy kept popping out the one side. She said she was a little chesty but didn't specify how chesty. I would consider myself chesty but others prob wouldn't so not much to go with there. So. Have any ladies had experience with something of this nature? Applies to men if there are work out shirts that have them built in. (Again, new to this whole thing, don't know if they exist).

Replies

• stacetherainbow
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4. It fits well and comfortably, easy to use, seems to be accurate, and was a reasonable price. I just wear it right under my bra band.
    I haven't used any others, but in my research found this to be the best bet for the criteria above
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I use an FT4. Easy to use, works well, without all the bells and whistles that I really don't need. As for the bra? Forget it. I have a hard enough time finding a decent sports bra that actually supports rather than smashes me into a uniboob, without worrying about it having a built in HRM strap.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use the FT4 as well, and it works with all of my bras, I love it! its comfy too, I don't even feel it when I work out
  • dropitlikeitshot76
    Options
    I have never used the bra for the hrm, I do use the FT4 and love it, I just wear it under my regular sports bra band and it is good to go. At the start of my fitness journey I was in need of a really good sports bra bc I was very top heavy. I tried several and my favorite for comfort and support is Under Armour: High Impact Wire-Free Sports Bra sports bra . As I lost most of my chest in my journey ;( I still use this bra bc the support is 2nd to none!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    a bra that works for you is more important. wear the strap under your bra band.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear my HRM under my bra with the transmitter on my back
  • raeganjayne15
    Options
    I LOVE my FT4. The only problem I have is when Im playing team sports the watch is a bit bulky and i have to hide it on my bra strap on tucked inside my pants.