Snacks?

Options
ok so, i eat every 3 or so hours. i usually start with an egg white scramble at 7-8, then granola bar 2-3 hours later(quaker chewy chocolate chip) then lunch around 11-2, then snack at 1-2 (again quaker chewy bar), then another snack around 4, get home around 7, p90x for an hour or so, eat dinner around 8:30 and begin snoring around 11. so far so good. wel today, i ran out of granola bars while at work..and the only grocery store i could make it to on my break was expensive harris tetter, who was charging $1 more then the other stores for a box with 6 less! so today for my 4 o clock snack i went to the salad bar and got a three leaf salad, added in some spinich leaves, and added carrots, brocolli, and onions. the salad weighed in at .50 lbs and i topped it with about 4 tablespoons of wishbone low fat dressing. my question is, is that too much for a snack? the way i eat salad i figured it would hold me over until after my p90x, and i wouldnt be hungry as i worked out like i usually am. also, does anyone else have any tasty snack suggestions? i dont want to get used to the granola bars and be stuck on snacks.

FYI i dont like: (yeah its a list)
Ice Cream
Dairy
Chocolate in big peices or hard(i usually melt my granola bar)
Fruit
Nuts

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I would search the posts for snacks. There have been SEVERAL dedicated to it and I've posted large lists a few times.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I agree, do a search. I think a salad is a terrific snack idea, just be cautious of the dressing.

As for the granola bars, basically the ones you are eating are glorified candy bars, better off eating some with a little protein or natural ingredients in them. Kashi makes yummy snack bars.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Orville Reddenbacher makes 100 Calorie Smart Pop bags in Regular Flavor and Kettle Corn flavors of Popcorn.

Also string cheese.
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    I'd get away from the chewy granola bars twice a day, they are loaded with sugar!

if you can get more protein into your snacks, you'll be on your way. Think string cheese, cottage cheese, almonds (maybe you'd like the flavored kind?), ANY kind of fruit, etc. Good luck!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    OH! There is a lot of things you don't like!...i think maybe you can snack something like a shakeology or a protein smoothie, you can buy a blender for doing it outside, you can also eat some crackers with some cheese or PB (i don't know if you also don't like the cheese). You can pack a few baby carrots and celery sticks and eat with some hummus. if you don't like milk or yogurt you can also pack a good and high fiber cereal or granola and eat alone without the dairy. Also, you can carry out those ready to use oatmeal packets (be sure it's without sugar) and prepare it in your work (if you have a microwave) and add some splenda for extra flavor!...That's some of the things i can recommend you, it would be much more easy if you would eat fruit or dairy :tongue: , but i hope this helps...
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Those granola bars should be an occassional snack, not eaten twice per day, they are not much better than a chocolate bar!
    My only snacks are yogurts, apples, grapes, pears, oranges, cucumber slices, green peppers (I eat them like apples), natural apple sauce, almonds, Special K with skim milk, and the occassional fat free chocolate pudding snack for those sweet cravings. I actually have not had those in quite some time because the corner store has started selling Crystal Light Slushies so since those don't have any calories I've been having one or two per week to fulfill the sweet cravings that come my way.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Those granola bars should be an occassional snack, not eaten twice per day, they are not much better than a chocolate bar!
    My only snacks are yogurts, apples, grapes, pears, oranges, cucumber slices, green peppers (I eat them like apples), natural apple sauce, almonds, Special K with skim milk, and the occassional fat free chocolate pudding snack for those sweet cravings. I actually have not had those in quite some time because the corner store has started selling Crystal Light Slushies so since those don't have any calories I've been having one or two per week to fulfill the sweet cravings that come my way.

I forgot about Crystal Light Slushies! Fab idea.
  • kandi007
    kandi007 Posts: 17
    Options
    thanks so much for the suggestions. I knew those granola bars tasted too good to be ok. I'm going to try the kashi bars, and if those don't wet my whistle just much on some cut on brocolli with lemon juice. Couldn't search for other threads bc I'm posting from the phone, but I will def search when I get home. Thanks again!