5'6 and 150lbs?

Options

Replies

• cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" an I fluctuate between 145 and 150. My profile pic is from a few days ago.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Juliana Margolis in the Good wife is 5'6" and 135-140 lb. I am for that as target. I am also 5'6".
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    I found a website that was really helpful for me! I'm at 156 and 5'7 and looking to lose until i hit 140 and really needed to see some pictures.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-9193-body-shape.htm#img

Hope that helps!

Hey, thank you for sharing this web site link. Awesome!
    I am 5'6" and right now I am 190 pounds, but I workout a lot (and most of my fat is on my hips and tights) and I am looking at pictures here of women that are 5'6" and 160 pounds but look fatter than I. LOL So it really all depends on how much body fat you carry and where.
    My ultimate goal weight for 2013 is 150 pounds, I have been there before and I look really good at that weight. I will consider to lose more once I get there.
  • 81meg1L
    81meg1L Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know everyone is different, but I'd like to get a rough estimate of what a 5'6, 150lb girl looks like. That's my UGW, but I want to make sure it's not too big or small, and it would also renew motivation. (:

Hi! You can see exactly what X-lbs. looks like on Y-height in inches at this website: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Its been very motivational to me. Hope it helps.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 158 lbs. Profile pic.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 5'6". My profile pic is of me at 155 lbs. Those are size 9 jeans. I hope this helps.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Go on mybodygallery.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it depends on your LBM. I've seen ladies at 150 at that height that look fantastic and others who don't.

THIS

I'd contribute but I'm 163 not 150. I wear a size 6 while a lot of other ladies at 150 don't..

Also I've lost almost 20 lbs, no boobs lost. Good luck!
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1st pic: 150 2nd pic: 145 3rd pic: 141 (CW)
    SW: 160 GW: 130 :)
    nute0.png

Wowww awesome change :smile:
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it depends on your LBM. I've seen ladies at 150 at that height that look fantastic and others who don't.

This is true. As you can see from all the photos above, 150 looks diff on people of varying LBM.
  • FattyPandaCakes
    Options
    Wow!
    You all look gorgeous.
    I'm 5'6 trying to go 160 to start with, I'm very happy to see what my results will be!
    :3
  • ljcazan
    ljcazan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Look at my pic! :) I'm hovering around 143 now, but when this pic was taken I was 148. I'll also note that I do A LOT of weight training, and I have a great amount of muscle.

Hope this helps!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options

This is true. As you can see from all the photos above, 150 looks diff on people of varying LBM.

I agree. I have a photo in my profile of me sitting at a picnic table (from June 2012) and I don't look too good:( I was in my upper 140's. My face was round and I was squishy in the middle where I carry my weight. I'm 5'6" btw.

The ladies who posted pics in this thread look great at 140-150 lbs!! Awesome....me....not so much:(

I'm 128 now and looking to tighten and strengthen:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Wowza this thread has win. Great job folks! Amazingly BEAUTIFUL bodies!
  • finsy
    finsy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on muscle to fat ratio and body type. I'm 5'6", 150 lbs and anywhere from a size 10-12 depending on the make of clothing. When I was 130 lbs and extremely fit 2 years ago (my goals weight, I've not had much time for fitness the last couple of years due to career change) I was a size 4-6 depending on the clothing. I've got a small frame. I still look ok, but definitely feel the extra weight in my belly and hips for sure.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. At 150 I looked skinny but had stomach fat. Right now I'm 139, my stomach is flat. I'm aiming for 130. Sorry no pics.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 150. I'm chiming in to further drive home the whole 'people are different' thing. I think I look fine at 150, but someone 3 inches taller might feel that 150 makes them look awful. Different strokes for different folks/bodies/genetics/lbm.
  • kat86s
    kat86s Posts: 3
    Options
    First time posting a pic so bear with me :)

I've been mostly focusing on toning and inches rather than weight, but I'm around 150 in the first pic, and 140 in the second. I'm 5'8 :)

It is difficult to see because I'm actually closer to the camera in the 2nd pic, but I feel amazing! One month til a possible holiday, so I'm going all out fitness wise, and monitoring my food without being obsessive.

?di=10137569613412
  • spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! Great progress. I'm 5'6 and 150 right now, wanting to get down to 130.
  • AshleyDR
    AshleyDR Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this thread. I am 5'6 and around 170, last year I got down to 147 and was so happy and confident at that weight, though I am very pear shaped so I was still working towards my over all goal of 140, after a pregnancy gone wrong and a several months of in activity I gained it back. So I am back at the beginning and have been struggling for motivation. This has really helped me, thanks ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!