Welcome all Today show people!! :)

kspeach
kspeach Posts: 179 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Just watched the clip after seeing my friend Missouri_Rain post about it....Tamara, you did a great job! :)

It's so awesome to see so many new faces! I started in May, and this site has been great for me, through good times and bad. If I am down, my friends and this site pick me UP! If I miss a day or two of eating right or not exercising, this helps me STAY on track and not fall off!

I'm the type of person who has to have everything PERFECT or else not do it at all, so this is quite a learning experience for me. I don't have to (and can't!) lose all my weight in one day, one week or one month. Between that and my lack of patience, I so need this website!

You can take as much from this website as you want. You can use it for exercise/calories, you can blog or post messages and get support.....this is my main website that I use. I am a GOOGLER extraordinaire and of all the ones I found, free or not, I think this is the best and simplest one to use. I read some others, like Active, LiveStrong, Spark and such, but this is the one that is my main one for tracking and support. It's large enough that you can get a good sampling of answers and info, yet small enough that it's not overwhelming. I love how MFP does what it's good at, and does it so wonderfully! :)

Welcome and I hope to see ALL of you here this time next year, reaching our goals together! :) And if I can do this.....ANYONE can!

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Where were you able to see a clip of the show?
  • http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/38625333#38625333

Welcome everyone!! This really is a great place.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Where were you able to see a clip of the show?
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891#38625333

I see it's already been posted.

Tamara - Awesome job!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Oh my goodness I have just watched this following the link (thank you for putting this on) and she has done absolutely fantastic!!!!! What an inspiration she is and I will think of her success whenever I am having a bad day :flowerforyou:
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Amazing! Sure wish I could grab onto some of that will power and inner motivation! Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    They won't let me see it here at work, can't wait to get home to check it out for myself.
    I have to agree with my favorite kspeach, this is by far the best site I've found, and I too have found many, I probably need therapy for my addiction here lol
  • AtTheCornerCafe
    AtTheCornerCafe Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I'm new here… I also watched the Today show this morning and that story was so motivating and inspiring, I had to check this out! So far I am really excited and amazed that this is a free website! I want to lose pregnancy weight from my two children (oldest one will be two in Sept.) I have been wanting to shed the weight, but haven't found the support or the tools necessary to do so. I'm thrilled to be here! Not only that, but to maybe find and make friends. I'm a Navy wife and a stay at home mom, we are stationed half the country away from home and I don't have friends of family here and have lost most (if not all) of my friends back home. I am very happy to have found this site! Can't wait to lose the weight and start feeling better about myself! :)
  • shari253
    shari253 Posts: 202
    Thread for the Today Show Club. (All of us who joined today after viewing it.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111678-today-show-club-everyone-always-welcome

Nice diverse motivated group. Everyone is welcome. We can do it!

Shari.
This discussion has been closed.