12mos, 46 Pounds Lost, Heavy Lifting Mom (5'8")

Options
jfrankic
jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
So, today is my one year anniversary for logging in to MFP. Big deal, right? Not really. I joined back in January 2012 but didn't really get serious until this time last year. The logging streak is nothing more than taking the few seconds to click on MFP to get credit for the day, not an indicator of awesomeness, commitment or lifestyle change. However, it's a milestone so here ya go!!

12MosHardWork_zpsf93bcf7e.jpg

Did I track food for all 365 days? No. Did I stay within my calories goals for all 365 days? No. In fact, I had two separate month-long hiatuses. Did I stick to my workout plan for all 365 days? No. Did I give up my large weekly pizza? No. Stop enjoying wine on the weekends? No.

Okay, so what did I do?

I got educated! Educated on BMR, TDEE, body fat vs BMI, my own body. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet . The Roadmap (IPOARM) started it all for me.

I found an awesome group of like-minded and goal oriented individuals on MFP. I feel accountability to these folks on both my workouts and health lifestyle choices.

I started lifting heavy weight and eating 2,000 a day is my sweet spot for fat loss. Yes, I eat a minumum of 2,000 calories a day, usually 2,200.

I cut back on cardio.....drastically. I went from one hour of cardio 6x per week to lifting weights 3x per week and following that with a brief HIIT session. It used to be about 10 minutes, and now I'm only doing 4 minutes of Tabata after lifting. So, I do 12 minutes of intentional cardio per week. And I enjoy all of my free time!!

ETA: I'm doing Nia Shanks' Beautiful Badass lifting program, Double Progression. Anything by Nia ROCKS!!! I prefer her programs over any others out there, but it is personal preference. http://www.niashanks.com/shop/category/complete-guides-manuals/

I am active with two small kids. I walk at least 10k steps per day which brings my TDEE to around 2,500 according to my FitBit Flex.

I no longer keep a food diary, but I do loosely track my calories. I use the quick add feature to put my meals. I found that I still need some accountability, and this seems to be working well.

Here's what you came here for....even more pictures!

StreetClothes_zpsafa99d46.jpg

June 2012 was my first ever stomach/midsection shot. I was mortified, but motivated more than ever.
FrontOneYear_zpsebcb14dd.jpg

SideOneYear_zps73d28bd1.jpg

And just for fun......

PhotoCrop_2013-04-15_01-00-54-PM_zpsc69c2ce0.jpg

This is me celebrating my 34th birthday after an awesome workout.
34Collage_zps3ebb6f12.jpg

I was about 240 pre-MFP, weighed 233 on the day I joined and about 210 in May 2012. For reference, I'm 5'8 and weighed in at 163.5 this morning. I'm around 24% body fat according to online measuring calculators and the handheld thingy. Calipers consistently measure a few % less, but that's just details. I was obese most of my life and abused my body with food and alcohol. I now have stretch marks and loose stretched skin. I'm hoping that it will get better with more time, more lifting and possibly more fat loss. Current stats are for reps....Bench Press 100#, Squat 120#, DL 180#. So yes, I lift "heavy", for me anyway.

I'm certainly grateful for the strong, healthy body I have now!!

Replies

• ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard earned success! :flowerforyou: It is an honor to have you as a friend on MFP. You are an inspiration to me and all the others who you support every day. Thanks for sharing your progress and success. You, are awesome! :heart:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    boo-yah.jpg
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! Amazing. =) You lift, you eat, and you have had excellent results. :wink: I am proud to have you on my support team here. :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Keep rockin' it, girl!!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just finished The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I look forward to similar results, however I'm a little scared! :tongue:
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! You look fabulous!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome and I am so proud to have you as a friend on here as well as Facebook !!

You rock and are the freakin poster child for InPlaceofARoadmap !! I am sure Dan is super proud.... :)
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am SO proud of you and honored to be a witness to your amazing transformation. YOU inspire me all the time and I am SO grateful we connected. Thanks for being you, sharing your journey and being such an inspiration!!!!! :drinker:
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    YOU. ARE. AWESOME!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yay! So glad to have found you a few months back and get to follow your progress. You are an amazing inspiration daily!!!!!
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication and progress. You are awesome !!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Love it! Amazing outlook and you're so fit!!! :D
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on your achievement. :flowerforyou:
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! You look GREAT!! I've tinkering around with the idea of BMR, TDEE, etc., and weight lifting. You prove that it works!!! Great inspiration.
  • fieryred0424
    fieryred0424 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    truly an inspiration. I read the roadmap thing you posted on here and wow. That is a lot of information to take in. I'm sure if I understand it all, but I will keep looking into it while you do. To me the scale is nothing but a number. I'd rather look good and healthy and feel good and healthy than worry about some silly number on a scale! You are truly amazing!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    great work...love those guns!!!!!
  • Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm speachless. Amazing results and such dedication. You are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!