12mos, 46 Pounds Lost, Heavy Lifting Mom (5'8")

Options

Replies

• ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Jen,

Pictures and the big smile on your face tell it all! You should be sooo proud of your transformation ! Very inspiring! Happy to be connected here!

Susan
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW....determination and drive does pay off...Good job
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Way to go Jen!!! I'm so happy to have you as a MFP pal and I love watching you kick *kitten*!! Keep it up girl!!
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing and you should be so proud of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • amydriesbaugh
    amydriesbaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Enjoy your new healthy lifestyle!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have a great story! I am so happy for you -- you look great -- and wish you continued success!!
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome!!!
  • nhouse3417
    nhouse3417 Posts: 105
    Options
    WOW! you look great!! :)
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Congrats!
  • tooliebell
    tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post your success and include a little bit on what you daily life looks like! You look great and have done fabulous. I'm overly zealous of you TDEE's as I haven't been able to take that leap just yet, but desperately want to. So your story provides me with lots of encouragement and motivation to jump in!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    congrats you look amazing!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You rock! You look great, and I'm sure you feel awesome.
  • kmd613
    kmd613 Posts: 42
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!

One question - I am about the same height / weight as you and also transitioned from cardio 6x week to heavy lifting + HIIT about a month ago (and am already in love with it). I also now eat around 2000-2300 calories a day - question is - do you go for a certain amount of protein as part of that? A macro % or grams? Just curious!

Congrats and continued success on your journey!!!
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am so impressed!! I just started browsing the boards today, and your transformation is so inspiring!!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! You look healthy and strong! I love lifting too. I'm very inspired by your story!
  • StephMFP
    StephMFP Posts: 1
    Options
    You look fab! Ive been on MFP for 1.5mths and still seem to be struggling to find my sweet spot. I do exercise a lot (6-8hrs/wk), but I think I need to cut back on cardio as well and bump up the lifting. Im hoping to rock out some killer arms and abs a year from now. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Reach4_Stars
    Options
    Way to go!!! Your accomplishments are amazing! Congrats on your wonderful success!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I also now eat around 2000-2300 calories a day - question is - do you go for a certain amount of protein as part of that? A macro % or grams? Just curious!

Whoop Whoop! Great for you and LOVE that you are fueling your body. I shoot for about 120g of protein a day....or I did when I was closely tracking. This is about my LBM or my body weight x .8. I usually have 8oz of cooked chicken or some other meat, in addition to cheese and eggs so I am certain that I am still hitting that range. Also, I don't restrict carbs, but usually eat more on my WO days. I fast intermittently (IF) and often break my fast with a post work out stack of homemade whole wheat greek yogurt pancakes that are loaded up with protein, too. Hope this info helps!!
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and congrats on the transformation :) You earned it!!
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!