CONFESSION

Options
Not that anybody cares, but I must confess. I am PMSing (guys, don't be jealous!). I have been on MFP for 40 days and am doing well. But, I caved. I only had 230 calories left for today and I blew them. On what? Dark chocolate. I started obsessing about the chocolate (not one of my favorites to begin with -- i much prefer CHEEEEESE), and I figured I had better curb it or I could go binge crazy. I ate 10 non pariels to the tune of 200 calories. So whatever I eat for dinner, even if just a sunflower seed, makes me "over" on my macros. KILL ME NOW. I know we aren't perfect, but I wish I had talked myself down from the cocoa tree!~

CONFESSION COMPLETED. :drinker:

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Man, cheese. My best friend and worst enemy. Why must you be so calorie-dense? D:

Your best bet is probably to eat what you were planning on eating, and then try again tomorrow. (: There's no point in going hungry.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Sometimes, you just gotta get that chocolate.

Ditto on Pearsquared's advice - just eat a healthy dinner and get back on track tomorrow. PMS is the worst. For me it's chocolate AND beer/wine cravings, double trouble lol! You might allot a few extra calories at the end of your day tomorrow if the cravings hit you hard again! :)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Burn a few hundred calories and have a nice dinner.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oh big deal. It's not like you ate a whole supersize pizza followed by a case of Pop Tarts (ugh). Log it in, move on, no biggie.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't count that as a sin worthy of confession. :ohwell:
  • Paws4Luv
    Paws4Luv Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This works for me when im craving chocolate, make some chocolate milk with skim milk and light syrup, or get some protein shake stuff and they have different flavors i have chocolate and its only 150 cals for 2 big scoops its amazing!!
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    It is still early enough in the day where you could get a workout in either before or after dinner and wouldn't have to worry.
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Oh big deal. It's not like you ate a whole supersize pizza followed by a case of Pop Tarts (ugh). Log it in, move on, no biggie.

^^^THIS!!

Tomorrow is a new day!!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It is still early enough in the day where you could get a workout in either before or after dinner and wouldn't have to worry.

This is a rational response, and I appreciate it. But, when PMS strikes, it's cravings with no intention to exercise for the exception of maybe killing my husband or smashing my car into someone who has the nerve to drive too slow in front of me. :wink:
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Ah, it sucks but dinner will probably only set you back a few hundred calories. Eat it, enjoy it, log it, and carry on! Your PMS will pass and so will your red number day. :)
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Dark chocolate is good for you. Just get back on track and you will be fine. FYI - long time ago I learned that craving chocolate around period was because of magnesium being low. Started to eat more foods with magnesium and a supplement and now I do not crave it anymore.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Pshaw, 230 calories is nothing. Go on a quick 30 minute walk and problem solved. I ate over 1200 last night alone. Now THAT is something to be ashamed of.
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options

This is a rational response, and I appreciate it. But, when PMS strikes, it's cravings with no intention to exercise for the exception of maybe killing my husband or smashing my car into someone who has the nerve to drive too slow in front of me. :wink:

Just remember that exercising is a great stress reliever. It helps my "PMS" everytime. You just need to push yourself to do it.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    it is always ok to eat dark chocolate when you have PMS. No exceptions.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Man, cheese. My best friend and worst enemy. Why must you be so calorie-dense? D:

Your best bet is probably to eat what you were planning on eating, and then try again tomorrow. (: There's no point in going hungry.

If cheese is your weakness, why not go for some string cheese? Only 50 calories in mine and they take forever to eat because I peel them off in little strings and savor the taste! lol Or if chocolate is your downfall... keep some 100 calorie packs for that "time of the month". Quaker chewy granola bars with chocolate chips are really good too and help me curb my cravings and are only about 100 calories as well. :)
  • Daniele1213
    Daniele1213 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First of all, Dee that is really not so bad. And if you wanted to you still have time to knock yourself out at the gymn. I'm sure the end result will still be good for you. You have been doing exceptional. Thanks to you, I found this site and LOVE it!!:heart:
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think going for a walk would help you feel better about the extra calories as well as helping you feel better in general. PMS can respond to well to exercise just like other kinds of stress.
  • jmccpnp
    jmccpnp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate has excellent health benefits including keeping your emotions in check and your husband alive! 200 calories to keep you satisfied and happy is just fine. While I drink chocolate protein shakes and have Pure Protein chocolate bars sometimes I cannot say they are good enough to stop the craving for real chocolate and the calories are the same as what you ate. As for exercise when PMS has set in, give it a try. As hard as it is to get going it really does help cramps and mood. Keep going!