Please be kind, BUT is it possible?

Options

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say because each body is different. Some people can bounce back, others don't. I do think it is possible for you to get a really nice looking abdomen even if it doesn't look 100% like the picture you posted. Keep losing the weight, do your exercise. Over time, the area may tighten up. I think the best thing you have going for you is your youth. You won't know until you give it a try, and you're bound to see improvement regardless.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Even if you never have the belly you want, you will at least see remarkable improvement. Just keep trying. Maybe you will end up with a flat belly and maybe you won't, but your health will improve. Try to focus on that. Everything else is a bonus.

Yes
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the same thing. I wonder why I never see before and after photos of bellys like ours? It makes me feel like it doesn't happen!? Smh. Makes me sad. I mean with all the women on here that have to be in our same c section body situation and we don't ever see pictures of it disappear. Ughhh.
  • Powerfocus
    Powerfocus Posts: 18
    Options
    Try choosing your favorite workout machines and start there. Your eating has to be in check otherwise exercise might not work. I do Dr oz low carb veggie fruits and extra lean meat plan it is a NO starvation health plan that includes high fiber high protein no sugar stevia and no fried foods I loss 20pds last month this month I started to exercise
    After reading I decided to burn a min of 3600 cal a week a max of 6000cal in week I make my work out count one hour on tread meal and one hour on ellip 4 to5times a week these are my favorite workout machines I hope this helps good luck
  • freebirdjones
    freebirdjones Posts: 237
    Options
    Do some weight traing you will be amzed at how great you will look the inchs will start flying off. Me personally gained 1 in my shoulders lost a lot on my love handles and tummy and thighs are my biggest change also my biggest problem area.

This! If you eat low cal and do a bunch of cardio you may never tighten & may have a hard time losing in the right areas. I am doing heavy lifting and lost 7 inches in one month with most inches lost in my waist, and also weight training is getting rid of cellulite better than cardio has ever done. you can add me if you like :) I think if you do HIIT and lift heavy you may have great success :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I can't guarantee that you'll be able to achieve that exact stomach( no one can). But I bet you can look awesome as long as you're willing to put in the work.
    Start lifting weights, I promise you, they make all the difference. DON'T WAIT! New rules of lifting is a great start. Lose the weight slowly, to give your skin time to tighten up.
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    For some reason I cannot see your before picture... I also cannot post pictures from my work computer, but here is a link to my online photo album, there are pictures in there that show the progress I have made with my stomach in the past two month since starting heavy lifting. I have ALOT of work to do, but nothing else helped the way lifting heavy has!

http://m1367.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/mimih1208/CYMERA_20130521_034409_zpsab53c220.jpg.html?o=16

I can't link to that exact picture. But its in there where its my bare belly, that is from March to now. (I am in my underweat here, so beware!! lol)

Also, I never really tell anyone what they should do as far as exercises, but since I started doing deadlifts, squats, and other compound lifts I have seen a lot of improvement! And also reverse crunches have helped, when I started I couldnt do even ONE situp- now I can do at least 10, havent tried to do more was just so excited I could do ANY! :)

ETA: SO I dont know for sure that it is possible, but I have hope! :flowerforyou:
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    For some reason I cannot see your before picture... I also cannot post pictures from my work computer, but here is a link to my online photo album, there are pictures in there that show the progress I have made with my stomach in the past two month since starting heavy lifting. I have ALOT of work to do, but nothing else helped the way lifting heavy has!

http://m1367.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/mimih1208/CYMERA_20130521_034409_zpsab53c220.jpg.html?o=16

I can't link to that exact picture. But its in there where its my bare belly, that is from March to now. (I am in my underweat here, so beware!! lol)

Also, I never really tell anyone what they should do as far as exercises, but since I started doing deadlifts, squats, and other compound lifts I have seen a lot of improvement! And also reverse crunches have helped, when I started I couldnt do even ONE situp- now I can do at least 10, havent tried to do more was just so excited I could do ANY! :)

ETA: SO I dont know for sure that it is possible, but I have hope! :flowerforyou:

WOW thats amzing progress! And only from march? Thanks for sharing!

And thanks to everyone else too! so many great tips :) I plan to start NROL4W soon!! :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'll ever lose all the loose skin but my belly has gone from yours to what is currently in my profile pic. It was a major win the day I could no longer hold a pencil under my roll.

All I'm trying to do is get my stomach to the best state it can be now. I've learned to run, I work out with weights and I watch what I eat.
  • meramirez2012
    meramirez2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, so it's so hard to predict. Your genes, age, and did I mention genes (ha) play a HUGE part in it. BUT...if you lose weight and exercise you will look incredible and I guarantee you will be pleased with your "new" body even if it doesn't look exactly like someone else's. Good luck, girl!
  • niteal2
    niteal2 Posts: 14
    Options
    following..
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    There is a good chance that your belly will look a lot better. But stop looking at other peoples pics because every body has its own history.
    I have 4 kids, a set of twins to start with and I can tell you that my belly looked way worse than your picture.

Is is still soft and I see the stretchmarks and I have no belly button but it looks like a belly again and not like something huge that doesn´t belong to my body. Keep doing gymnastic but don´t overdo it! Be patient and appreciate the small changes. I will see if I have a pic what I looked like but today I think I look good for what my body went through.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Weights, do exercises from blogilates.com for pooch, lower belly, obliques, stomach fat (basically planks, twists, reverse crunches, scissors, etc), moisturize the area every day using cocoa butter cream or similar heavy natural oil, drink water and eat clean so you wont bloat, lose weight overall, and be patient as it takes 2 years on average.
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My stomach looked like yours when I had more weight on. Exactly like yours. I still have some loose skin, but it's not so bad now - started REALLY improving around a BMI of 22-23 and bodyfat of 26%, and all of my stretch marks - which did look like yours - are faded and white now. I am about a year and a half post weight-loss now, and it seems to get better all the time.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Depends on your body composition, but most women I know (I know like 3 new moms right now, whew baby fever!) get the shape of the skin back after about a year or so - after losing the baby weight. It took at least 9 months to stretch out, longer if you gained weight before that or kept it after. It will take time, but your skin will recover!

Elasticity in the skin is enormously impacted by hydration, so make sure to drink lots of water! :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    most women I know get the shape of the skin back after about a year or so - after losing the baby weight.

Thank you for this. I figure that skin is a living organ so there's got to be some re-composition that it does naturally, right?
  • paleopin
    paleopin Posts: 47
    Options
    Idk if anyone said this but the girl you want to look like also goes tanning probably a lot to get it that even. It would be a good idea to hide the stretch marks probably
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    My personal experience with female clients is those who have more than 80+ pounds to lose did experience loose skin. Depending on how the C section went, abs may look a little different too (since the muscle had to be cut).
    Whatever the deal, do what you physically can and then reassess when you're close to goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It is possible, but it will take time. That's the biggest advice I can give you. I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way. And yes, I do have loose skin. But I'm hoping that improves over time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It is possible....

- go slow...everyone should anyway, but if you're worried particularly about lose skin, go slow to allow for the skin to bounce back more naturally.

- eat at a reasonable and sustainable calorie deficit; this will help with bullet point one obviously...but it'll also help preserve what lean body mass you have.

- adequate protein and resistance training. These are the two most important things when it comes to body composition. Both will help you preserve lean body mass so that when you get to goal weight you're actually leaner than you otherwise would be. Those who neglect their muscles while dieting end up with a higher % body fat at their goal weight relative to what they thought it would be...i.e. they are "skinny fat."

- Keep the cardio to a reasonable level...you don't have to burn a gazillion calories doing a **** load of cardio. Use your diet for weight control and exercise for fitness. 30-45 minutes of aerobic cardio 3-5 times per week is plenty for general fitness and heart health. Excess cardio not only burns calories, but cannibalizes muscle as well. Always remember that cardio is just weight lifting for your heart and cardiovascular system.