ARGGHHH!! How can i get it across???

Options
Im so angry right now, i have some stupid idiot preaching to me on facebook that im on a diet, im going to run myself into the ground blah blah blah :explode:

I posted a pic of my tea, Lime, chilli and coriander scallops with samphire, asparagus and jacket sweet potato with low fat sour cream and chive dip... he started off by making comments how he could eat that whilst waiting for his main course. Then he went into an all out rant about how diets are bad..

So this is what i put, if im wrong then someone please correct me, but from what iv been learning on here i think iv more or less got it right.

No a diet is continual eating of salads, a diet is something you do short term for maximum loss.. a diet is restricting certain food groups (carbs/fat) a diet is cutting out on everything you consider bad food.

I dont consider anything bad food.... i consider amounts of the food bad.

Tonight because im under my calorie deficit i shall be having doritos and houmous as my snack, i could if i wanted to gorge on a huge slice of cheesecake/chocolate cake as my calories left over is 700+ and i havnt finished logging my exercise for today... by under my calorie deficit i mean.. iv logged all my calories iv eaten today, iv logged the calories iv burned from working it out via a heart rate monitor calculator and my heart rate monitor, and im left with a surplus of calories.

Its not a diet, its just a case of working out what calories my body actually needs on a daily basis and taking into account my body will actually need more when iv done excersize, this isnt a 'fad' its something i will be sticking to for a very long time.
i used to eat around 2000+ calories a day... now i eat around 1290-1500 dependent on the level of exercise i do

To irritate me even more, hes come back yet again with 'its a diet'

I so want to kick him in the nuts!

/rant over :grumble:

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Remember not everyone is going to approve of your change. Not everyone is going to make comments that are appropriate. I keep a lot of the weight loss stuff to myself or post on here.

For example: My mother will tell me how to eat to lose weight. When she needs to lose weight and while she is telling me this she is eating ice cream.

Haters will always Hate!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I still eat ice-cream :blushing:

I just weigh it now before i do lol :laugh:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he needs to be deleted from your FB...
  • nlespier
    nlespier Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% Sounds like the needs to be deleted and that he's not a true friend (of family member). Just keep doing what your doing hun.
  • ireloyd
    ireloyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If he's no one important, delete him ;]
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My vote is for kick him in the nuts - while eating the cheesecake you have calories for - but I have PMS so don't necessarily listen to my advice :laugh:
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You sound like you aren't going to be able to win him over by speaking common sense (nor the truth!) so I would give up and ignore him. No point in getting wound up about him. He may be deliberately trying to rile you anyway, don't give him the satisfaction! :yawn:

Now, where's my ice cream.....

ETA: Your tea sounds delicious by the way!! :smile:
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My vote is for kick him in the nuts - while eating the cheesecake you have calories for - but I have PMS so don't necessarily listen to my advice :laugh:

Oh good, not only me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No point in getting wound up about him. He may be deliberately trying to rile you anyway, don't give him the satisfaction! :yawn:

This! Don't waste your energy or time on arguing with him, you are just making him supremely happy and yourself unhappy.
  • cherryd69
    Options
    Sadly he is someone who id normaly get on with, but hes the typical... ill eat what i want ill be fat an happy.

I tried to point out im fat and bloody miserable... gah!

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my 700+ surplus calories
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There are three types of people in this world:

1. The type that when you have a problem, the offer to help.
    2. The type that when you have a problem, they do nothing or look the other way.
    3. The type that bring problems into your life, or cause you problems.

You should NEVER invite the third type into your life.

He's the third type. Delete him from FB. You don’t need his crap.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to delete him, just customize the settings on future posts that might rile him up like this so he cannot see that particular post.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You could always point out that the definition of a diet is the sum of the food consumed by an organism. So yes, you are on a diet but so is he and everyone else in the word.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he needs to be deleted from your FB...

This. If you haven't done it already.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Sadly he is someone who id normaly get on with, but hes the typical... ill eat what i want ill be fat an happy.

I tried to point out im fat and bloody miserable... gah!

Im still trying to figure out what to do with my 700+ surplus calories

A slice of pizza and some Ben & Jerry's. How's that for "diet" food?!
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to un-friend...what a snarkypuss.
  • cherryd69
    Options
    I just had some crackers and cheese plus, doritos and reduced fat sour cream and chive dip.
    I still have 200+ left lol

diet schmiet!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    2uske88.png

2rhxy5g.jpg
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You do not talk about Fight Club...

Seriously, I have found that talking about diets with people who don't ask you specifically what you are doing and how they can get similar results is pointless. They just don't really want to know - or they want to hear it was super easy. In some sense it is super easy: if you are ready for a change then hellz yeah it's easy...but if you aren't it's going to be hellish.

Agree to disagree but also, don't post about food and nutrition because like religion and politics, everyone has an opinion and you won't always agree...

Keep up the good work chicken!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry don't eat. It isn't a bad thing that your appetite is decreasing - that's what got me in trouble - a huge appetite...don't know about you...