Jillian's 30 Day SHRED!!!

Options
It is day 1 of my shred, and i was wondering is anybody else got those moment where they are so out of breath that the sometimes do a half-*kitten* job at one of the workouts ( trust me i'm trying but i'm just out of shape so i do like... a crunch that really doesnt feel "burny/painful" enough!) Is it okay? i meani still sweat and oush and after the work out i'm pretty shaky haha, but i dunno, i';m scared i wont get results because i'm weak?

Replies

• nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body and do what you can. If you keep doing it you will get stronger and your endurance will improve.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    i get that way trying to do yoga when im working out with my wii fit plus so dont feel bad and thats lightweight but thats how out of shape i am. if i cant perform a move or task i just wont do it and try again the next day. dont force yourself to do something u cant especially on day 1
  • MADIABEL
    MADIABEL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you can't do the whole video now it is okay just keep at it when you make it thru level one, for the first time all the way then start counting you 10 days.
  • GraciexFace
    Options
    thanks (: i'll keep that in mind
  • GraciexFace
    Options
    Thanks, i'll keep that in mind! i felt really bad i couldnt do stuff! ahah
  • GraciexFace
    Options
    If you can't do the whole video now it is okay just keep at it when you make it thru level one, for the first time all the way then start counting you 10 days.

At this rate, i might be doing a 60 day shred! ahha I will keep at it! i just hate feeling like i can't properly do it!
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My 1st day...the warm up was my workout! You will get better! Promise! Stick with it.

:wink:
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    She says to modify and that over time you will feel stronger. I modify cause I injured my knee doing the squat challenge and I certainly cannot do as many pushups as they do. I do what I can cause I'm doing a lot more now than what I was doing 50 days ago! :)
  • GraciexFace
    Options
    My 1st day...the warm up was my workout! You will get better! Promise! Stick with it.

:wink:

thanks ahha, yeah my arms felt funny during the warmup. it's just scary because i am recovering from an eating disorder and mmy doctor said if i want a good workout (just the right amount) and stay a good healthy weight, this would be the way to go, but my bulimia is all freaking my out and being like: YOU DIDNT BURN ENOUGH! thank you so much for the reassurancde (: i want to get strong and healthy, no more mirrors!
  • GraciexFace
    Options
    She says to modify and that over time you will feel stronger. I modify cause I injured my knee doing the squat challenge and I certainly cannot do as many pushups as they do. I do what I can cause I'm doing a lot more now than what I was doing 50 days ago! :)

Thank you so much (: i just dont have much balance either and i was like: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH CRUNNNNNCHHH -does 3 crunches and dies-
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 today...and yes there are moments when I just CANNOT do it...don't risk hurting yourself by having bad form. Even Jillian says take a 5 second break if you NEED to...I mean you will know if you NEED a break, or if you just want on because it's uncomfortable!
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I paused more than I did it on my first try, lol

Some mods that I did (and still do sometimes until I can do them "properly")
    - march with legs instead of split jumps for jumping jacks
    - bounce from one leg to the other (like I'm dancing) for the jump rope
    - lunges were too much (I still have bad form, but am getting better) so I did more squats

My knees have bad days as well, and I've found they are getting better as I get stronger, keep at it, push a little more each time, you will get there

Doing something is better than doing nothing.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Day one thought I was actually gonna puke half way through, then needed half hour on sofa to feel like I wouldn't die - day 7 I just completed and then ran up the stairs for a shower. (Still hurts during workout though lol)

Keep at it you will improve!! Oh and for motivation have lost half an inch off my hips already :smile:
  • RollinwithRach
    RollinwithRach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm finding the same thing. Also, for the next few days afterwards, I am so sore that I don't know if I should take a few days rest or if I should push through the pain and do what I can. Any advice from fellow MFPers would be helpful.

Thanks!
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm finding the same thing. Also, for the next few days afterwards, I am so sore that I don't know if I should take a few days rest or if I should push through the pain and do what I can. Any advice from fellow MFPers would be helpful.

Thanks!

push through!