ARGGHHH!! How can i get it across???

Options

Replies

• tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You can't get it across, and he won't even appreciate your careful reasoning. He'll just keep repeating his little mantra and you will go insane.

In other words, he is two and a half years old mentally. Too bad he knows how to use a keyboard. :-(
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You should have taken a pic of your snack and put it up in the same album so this moron will see it..

Another suggested response for his original comment would be, oh.. I'm not that hungry tonight, after all the cookies I ate today, but I thought this looked a tasty.. it's none of his business what you eat.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    You should have taken a pic of your snack and put it up in the same album so this moron will see it..

but i was too busy eating it :sad:

I only post pics when they look rather nice and i can manage to stay the fork for a while..... :laugh:
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean or flippant, but why do you care?

You don't have to convince the whole world that you're right or that what you're doing is the best thing for you.

I'd just say, "Thanks for your insights," and move on. I might hide his posts or unfriend him, depending on how much he contributed to the rest of my life.

You don't have to attend every argument that you're invited to, you know?
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Lol i do though ;) thats just how i am
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I just wouldn't worry about it. Of course it's a diet. A diet can also be pizza and beer. I don't consider what I'm doing "dieting". This is just how I eat now. I count my calories and try to hit my macros but I'm also trying to reach a goal. I've had people say, "you're always dieting". I'm watching what I eat but I do eat.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    unfriend this person!!! and problem solved!
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You could always point out that the definition of a diet is the sum of the food consumed by an organism. So yes, you are on a diet but so is he and everyone else in the word.

This is good :)
  • mwolff56374
    Options
    Unfortunately not all people realize we are all on a "diet" - some are vegan, some are slightly vegan, some are eating according to a calorie limit, some are allergic to nuts and could die so they are on a "no nut diet", some don't care and eat whatever is put in front of them, and yet others are on a garbage pit diet digging for food because they have no money to buy any. If someone doesn't like a certain food, you could even say they are on a "no ____fill in the blank____ diet. The list can go on and on.
    When it all comes down to it, it shouldn't matter who is eating what but that people shouldn't use their tongues as weapons against others. It does nobody good. Although, it serves as a great indicator as to the heart of the whole person. If this man's heart is as wicked as his tongue, Psalms and Proverbs is full of good advice on this by the way, remove him from your Facebook friends. Who knows who else he is treating the same way (friends of yours). He needs to be held accountable as I hope my friends would hold me accountable if/when I say something hurtful, slanderous, or other.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You could always point out that the definition of a diet is the sum of the food consumed by an organism. So yes, you are on a diet but so is he and everyone else in the word.

This is good :)

This. We're all on a 'diet' if you want to get technical about it. And he obviously is just trying to get you upset so that you'll argue with him. Why give him the satisfaction?
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My vote is for kick him in the nuts - while eating the cheesecake you have calories for - but I have PMS so don't necessarily listen to my advice :laugh:

AGREED! We really need a LIKE button on here!!!

Hope you deleted him off your facebook. Then when he emails, calls, texts or whatever asking why you did that, just be brutally honest. You have decided to become HEALTHY! And, in order to do that, you 've had to make some changes in your life, for the longterm!!! This is the way you plan on eating the rest of your life. This isn't something you are doing until you reach a certain number on the scale, then go back to 2000 - 3000 calories a day and gain it all back. And we all have days where we look back on them and think we should have done something differently, but who doesn't?! Even the guy with an ice pack on his crotch HAS to agree with that logic (that's if he can still talk :wink: )

Keep doin' what you're doin' and someday he will eat his words!! In t he mean time, who needs that added stress . . . get rid of him! You have all of us!! :happy:
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Can you make my dinner, i adore scallops (scrap the potato though just loads of veg)

The more you are critized by some people, the more you are doing it right. Some people just want the world to burn
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    OMG your dinner sounds delicious!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Funny thing.... nobody is making you respond.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    don't even respond! just do this!!! he isn't worth the time.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he needs to be deleted from your FB...
    agreed
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,919 Member
    Options
    Facebook - they new Jr. High. :indifferent:
  • YankeeGal75
    Options
    Delete, Delete, Delete!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Everyone is on a diet, it is just some folks identify the need to change theirs to be able to achieve their person goals!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Stop posting it on facebook. You're just inviting comments from idiots. :smile: