Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

what do you think of my routine please check

AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello im thinking of making changes in my workout split
Mon - chest+biceps+forearms+calves
Tue - Back+triceps
Wed - Off
Thu - Legs
Friday - chest+back+biceps
Sat Triceps+forearms+hamstring+calves

Replies

• bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Why did you choose that split? What are your goals?
  • merv243
    merv243 Posts: 19 Member
    I'd switch biceps and triceps - triceps and chest generally go together (e.g. dips), and biceps and back generally go together (e.g. pullups). You can hit both with more compound movements that way. Also, I'd consider hamstrings to be a part of leg day.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Hello im thinking of making changes in my workout split
    Mon - chest+biceps+forearms+calves
    Tue - Back+triceps
    Wed - Off
    Thu - Legs
    Friday - chest+back+biceps
    Sat Triceps+forearms+hamstring+calves

swole forearms
  • AsrarHussain
    Why did you choose that split? What are your goals?

my hamstring are laggin behind my quads. I put more voume in calves getting results. Iv been doing arms twice a week they seem to be growing the hamstring and chest twice iv just started
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    no. youre doing upper body two days in a row. Do cardio on one of those days instead.
  • AsrarHussain
    I'd switch biceps and triceps - triceps and chest generally go together (e.g. dips), and biceps and back generally go together (e.g. pullups). You can hit both with more compound movements that way. Also, I'd consider hamstrings to be a part of leg day.

i do hamstring on leg day as well but im doing them twice the reason i do split chest+biceps i tried doing triceps but my triceps are weak and they are fatigued so i try to do them when there fresh
  • AsrarHussain
    no. youre doing upper body two days in a row. Do cardio on one of those days instead.

i dont need cardio im loosing weight with a cardio deficit diet
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    How long have you been lifting? What are your goals?
  • grantdumas7
    You can work upper body two days in row. One day do push and the next pull. This technique has been done for over 50 years and has built great physiques.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

it's not about doing upper body 2 days in a row, it's about doing the same muscle groups 2 days in a row.

chest one day, then tris the next? Do push/pull instead if you want.

OP - any reason you're not going with a boxed program? Any reason you aren't doing full body sessions? Also, I see no cardio or mobility work - do you care?
  • grantdumas7
    I found one bodybuilder trainer online that did chest/bi and back/tri split. I questioned him about it and here was his response:
    I could could win an argument on either side of this topic, it’s a matter of preference.
    By doing the biceps on chest day they are not pre-fatigued by using them as a secondary muscle on back exercises.
    By doing triceps on back day the same holds true.
    By doing it that way both biceps and triceps actually get both a primary and a secondary day whereas if we do biceps on back day and triceps on chest day they get both the primary and the secondary workout on the same day.
    My way they both get worked out two days rather than one.
    I do not refute your logic either I simply prefer mine and as I said, it’s a matter of preference.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    So are you really looking for input then? Sounds like you've got your mind made up.
  • tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    I think you need some shoulder work.
  • grantdumas7
    Good point. I didn't even see he wasn't doing any direct shoulder work.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    that's not a routine. that's a list of bodyparts
  • AsrarHussain

iv been lifting for 1 year proper iv been counting calories not for long
  • AsrarHussain
    Good point. I didn't even see he wasn't doing any direct shoulder work.

i forgot to add that i do shoulder sat
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    that's not a routine. that's a list of bodyparts

Agreed. What lifts will you be doing? What are your lifts on big 4 (Squat, DL, Bench, and OHP)? Can't really evaluate anything by you just listing how you split the body parts in the week.
  • grantdumas7
    Routines or splits are a matter of preference. You may get better results hitting each bodypart once every 3-5 days.
  • grantdumas7

iv been lifting for 1 year proper iv been counting calories not for long
    At this point you don't need a separate day for hamstrings. On leg day you can always train hamstrings before quads.