Question about peanut butter?

Options
Hi there,

So i've read loads about which peanut butter brands to buy and i know that the ones that only contain peanuts and salt are the best. However, i love peanut butter but only really like slightly 'unhealthier' brands such as skippys.

My question is, if i don't eat other treat-type foods and 'unhealthy' foods, can i have a portion of skippys a day? I don't eat cakes, chocolate, ice-cream, biscuits or even chocolate spread or anything like that, and haven't touched them in over 7 months! Can i eat a small amount of the 'unhealthier' peanut butter brands a day and still be pretty healthy?

Thanks!

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros, eat it.
  • _blizzard_
    _blizzard_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but if you choose that to be your one portioned "junk food" I don't see any harm. It does have hydrogenated (sp?) oils that aren't good for you. But no one is perfect. Soooo as long as you aren't eating a ton and you aren't eating a bunch of other junky type things, I think it's fine.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If it fits your macros, eat it.

^^^ This ^^^
  • ThisPlaceIsHaunted
    ThisPlaceIsHaunted Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1tbsp a day, which is actually half a portion!

Awesome, thanks guys!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Love me some peanut butter as well. Doing research a while ago on this I found that it really came down to the addition of sugars and added oils in the "traditional" peanut butters. If I recall Skippy really wasn't that bad in comparison to a majority of the "healthy" ones. So if it fits your macros roll with it as it's probably not worth the fuss. Check out the websites for Skippy and the healthy favorite of the day and you'll see there's really not that much difference outside of those 2 things I mentioned above.