Oh, come on...seriously?

Options
trisha329
trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
I just joined the site today and I'm really excited! I'm sure this has come up before, and I can't be the first person to bring this up....but.....

What is the deal with the donuts above my home page??? Talk about temptation!!

Replies

• eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL thats because the ad's pull information from the site, they can see its a food/health site! There are some funny and not so funny tempting ad's that pop up!
  • krisakira
    Options
    maybe its a way to desensitize us from the donuts. hehe :wink:

but if you really dont want to be tempted by them, use firefox and use the ad blocker and it should block it out.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you mentionned that. It's just cruel isn't it?:explode:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    :laugh: Literally this is the third time TODAY that I have seen this same type of post about the donuts in the ads.

Not your fault, you didn't see the others. But it's just advertising to keep the site free. :smile:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    And we DO like FREE, don't we?:wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I don't even see them now :wink: I can take them if it keeps me on track for free :bigsmile: If you walk down/drive somewhere you are bound to see tasty adverts or even worse the actual shops :laugh:

I just tried something I read earlier and if you right click on the advert you get the option to block it :flowerforyou:
  • luannkylee
    luannkylee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined today too! Lets do this together!! Good luck!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I just tried something I read earlier and if you right click on the advert you get the option to block it :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

THANK YOU, CHELLIEIRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WORKS! You are now my hero of the day! :love:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU, CHELLIEIRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WORKS! You are now my hero of the day! :love:

My pleasure :bigsmile:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Maybe I can turn it around and use it for motivation instead of temptation! It can be a test of my inner strength! :laugh:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Kind of like a doughnut shop next to the Weight Watchers meeting hall?
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I never noticed it until I read this. yeah, thanks.

it's kinda like holding an AA meeting in a bar.