When to C25K?

Options
I just finished my second week of C25k and am feeling pretty good about it. I am, however, uncertain about when I should be doing each week's training sessions. Should I be doing them consecutively within each week, or skipping a day in between? Also, are there specific speeds I should be walking and jogging at?
I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of the training.
Thanks!

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I just did the Zombies Run c25k and that app recommends running every other day. I would run on Mon, Wed & Sat and do Strong Lifts on Tue, Thur and Sun.
  • rjw2109
    rjw2109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You're supposed to put a rest day between each session. The advice I got is to run as slow as possible, and walk in a leisurely pace that allows you to catch your breath.
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    Skip a day! Or cross train, but the 3 C25k days should be spread out throughout the week, to allow your muscles ample recovery time.

I just finished the program today, so you can trust me :wink:
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am on week 8 of C25K and I ran 3 times a week. Skipping a day inbetween.
  • eidillon
    eidillon Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there,
    I've just started C25K too! I think it's a great way to start not too difficult but jaysus my legs hurt today. I think maybe I'm running too fast. I was thinking of adding yoga or strength training in on rest days. Good luck with it girl, keep it up!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I skipped a day or sometimes two in between, depending on how I was feeling. Remember, a little walk/run is a great way to get rid of the soreness you are feeling, but don't over do it.

I heartily recommend some yoga or pilates on the off days!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I just did the Zombies Run c25k and that app recommends running every other day. I would run on Mon, Wed & Sat and do Strong Lifts on Tue, Thur and Sun.

i do zombie run 5k also and my schedule is Sun/Tues Thurs run and M/W/F lift.

i also try to have the new routines start in Sundays since i'm more rested then
  • rjw2109
    rjw2109 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great responses. I am really excited for this program and looking forward to my first 5k in August!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Keep a pace where you could carry on a conversation with full sentances. Don't over do it or you may just burn yourself out!!