ARGGHHH!! How can i get it across???

Options
13»

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    just delete him and be done with it. Why keep negative people in your life?
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You can't fix stupid. Delete him and move on. :bigsmile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Some decide to not link MFP with Facebook for this very reason... have you considered that? :flowerforyou:
  • lablueluna
    lablueluna Posts: 52
    Options
    Sounds like he's projecting. I wouldn't recommend unfriending, unless he's someone who's not at all close to you, but I would totally recommend restricting him. That's what he gets for being a busybody.
  • lablueluna
    lablueluna Posts: 52
    Options
    Some decide to not link MFP with Facebook for this very reason... have you considered that? :flowerforyou:

Also, THIS. I would not link my MFP account with FB. People always have their 2 cents to put in and it's likely that you will get people sabotaging their effort for a myriad of reasons. Sometimes out of 'concern' with actual good intentions hidden somewhere in their efforts, but more often than not I find that people get pissed off and project their insecurities about their own health & lifestyle. It's a touchy subject.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This is where smart alec remarks or cool brush offs come in handy. How about "That's great advice! If I start feeling run down, I'll definitely take it to heart."
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Options
    Don't worry about getting it across. Let your results do the talking. It may take time to prove that it works for you and you're going to keep it off since getting fit the healthy way takes time, but no matter what you do there is someone out there who is going to disapprove.

I've had to deal with similar remarks. My two best strategies are to just say "Yeah, well that's not what my doctor says..." or just tune them out and try my best to forget it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So this is what i put, if im wrong then someone please correct me, but from what iv been learning on here i think iv more or less got it right.

No a diet is continual eating of salads, a diet is something you do short term for maximum loss.. a diet is restricting certain food groups (carbs/fat) a diet is cutting out on everything you consider bad food.

This is wrong. There is no diet law that says a diet must be temporary or must be restrictive. Of course you are on a diet. So is he.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I say ignore him and do whatever you want with the 700 calories. I also do not mix MFP and FB.
  • misspatrice562
    misspatrice562 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Also, THIS. I would not link my MFP account with FB. People always have their 2 cents to put in and it's likely that you will get people sabotaging their effort for a myriad of reasons. Sometimes out of 'concern' with actual good intentions hidden somewhere in their efforts, but more often than not I find that people get pissed off and project their insecurities about their own health & lifestyle. It's a touchy subject.

I agree . . . I don't even mention weight, exercise, etc on Facebook. Someone will ALWAYS have an opinion. To each his/her own. Do you and don't worry about what this particular person has to say or countless others. Keep up the good work! :)
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Why bother responding? Seriously?