Tamara...Today Show...What She Did For ME

Options
I watched the video of Tamara a fellow MFP'r on Today show today as so many of us did. What hit home for me and still has me shaking my head, is the amount of time it took her to lose over 140lbs. 11 MONTHS!

I started my journey in 2005 and have lost 30lbs and kept it off. Mind you....I am 95lbs from goal.

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING? Why have I been wasting my time like this? She did it using the same tools as I, MFP, eating better, exercising but with EFFORT. I'm just going through the motions if I'm being honest with myself.

What the HECK am I waiting for?

Thank you Tamara for reminding me to MAKE IT HAPPEN vs. waiting for it to happen to me! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    i need to refer to my second quote in my signature....

"EVEN IF YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK, YOU'LL GET RUN OVER IF YOU JUST SIT THERE." Will Rogers
  • steph1499
    Options
    Yes I saw Tamara today too and she was a great motivation. I just had my 29th birthday and I will be done when I turn 30.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    it was very motivating,... she looks great :)
  • Versha19
    Versha19 Posts: 20
    Options
    wow i wish i had seen that is there anyway to see a video of it or a replay or something?? if anyone has a link or something to check it out just let me know thanks!!!
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25708021/ns/today-today_health/

here's the link, she looks great!:happy:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    thanks for the website!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I watched the video of Tamara a fellow MFP'r on Today show today as so many of us did. What hit home for me and still has me shaking my head, is the amount of time it took her to lose over 140lbs. 11 MONTHS!

I started my journey in 2005 and have lost 30lbs and kept it off. Mind you....I am 95lbs from goal.

WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING? Why have I been wasting my time like this? She did it using the same tools as I, MFP, eating better, exercising but with EFFORT. I'm just going through the motions if I'm being honest with myself.

What the HECK am I waiting for?

Thank you Tamara for reminding me to MAKE IT HAPPEN vs. waiting for it to happen to me! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

That's awesome! It's exactly what I have been trying to help others understand, you can do this in a reasonable time frame, you just have to go FULL FORCE!!!!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Bellina.

You need to be dedicated and realize that the foods that aren't good for you are just a waste of money. I don't buy junk, I don't have pizza or pasta even once a month. I cut out the foods that I don't like because what's the point of eating them. And thanks to skinny cow and small portion controlled dark chocolate squares, I still get to indulge in the things I love. YOU have to make your diet fit your lifestyle and then it is sustainable for a long period of time so you can reach your goal. That is all that Tamara has done, and it worked great!
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    I cant wait to watch this!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring woman. I too, agree wholeheartedly with Bellina, it definitely possible but it takes mental effort too.

However, if anybody sees that video clip, the look on Tamara's face is enough to show just how great she now feels and that in turn, is enough to get people started and to continue.