Newbie here. :)

Options
Hi, I'm Siobhan from Dublin, Ireland. I'll be 24 this June, I'm a shortarse (4ft 11) and I'm an absolute newbie on this.

I started gaining weight a few months after my mam died when I was 17/18 due to comfort eating. This escalated when I started working, as I'd resort to fast food and ready meals a lot of the time for convenience sake. Weight tends to show on me very quickly because of my height, and right now I'm overweight by about 20/30 pounds at 136.

I'm getting married in a year (give or take) and I can't wait to slim down and become healthy for my big day!

I love Zumba, circuit training, and homemade food (my biggest vices are cheese and popcorn, anything savoury really) so if there are any like-minded people out there feel free to add me!

Replies

• Monica_SanDiego
    Monica_SanDiego Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You are tiny! I'm 5ft 4 so I'd feel like a giant next to you ;-) I'm a sugar fiend so not much help with your savory tooth. You'll do fine as you have a goal .. congrats on your engagement and future wedding :-)

Regards, Monica.
  • 13melis92
    13melis92 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there! Firstly congrats on the engagement! It is the perfect motivation. I think we can all relate to comfort eating, I think that's why I got to be as big as I am now. I'm 5"1' and at my heaviest (163), I hope to slim down to 125. So far I'm doing great, I'm new to MFP too but definitely not to dieting, I've tried a lot. If you have any questions or just need support feel free to ask!!
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    HI Siobhan, I'm Sue from California. I'm petite too... And I gained weight after getting married (10 years ago). When I was alone, I'd eat anything just to ease the hunger. Now, I have to cook for my hubby, and I tend to eat with him. :-P I also gained around 20-22 lbs. I started a weight loss program end of April, and I lost 11.2 lbs so far... YAY! I'm planning to go all the way and lose all the extra fat. You can add me as a friend, if you like, and we will support each other through this journey. :-D
  • siobhanaudrey
    Options
    I was a bit nervous about posting that at first but now I'm thankful I did!

@Monica I'm lucky I didn't inherit my mam's sweet tooth. I love baking but not much into cakes. The sweetest foods I crave are ice-cream or chocolate every once and a while!

@Melissa Thank you so much. I'll definitely hit you up with any questions I have. I feel the wedding is probably the kick I needed to start this!

@Sue Well done! That's the sort of inspiration I'm looking for. I can't wait to finally fit back into all my old dresses!