Nutribullet vs. Magic Bullet

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right section for this.

Has anyone tried either of these blenders? I've heard lots about them, but have not seen an infomercial/commercial about them. What are some pros and cons of either or both? Thanks

Replies

• Brown_Eyed_Beauty
    Brown_Eyed_Beauty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet but it just seemed to puree everything. Thought about getting the nutribullet because I figure blending veggies to get more when I don't eat enough is a good idea. The magic one is cheaper, I do know that. For someone just starting to blend it is a good choice I think.

Hope that helps a little...
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet is a simple blender. Its good for basic things. You can chop anything in it but it's quick to puree things.
    Protein shakes and smoothies are what it does best but it can also do things like:
    make oatmeal into powder for baking or grind your coffee beans.

The Nutribullet pulvarizes things so things like veggies are liquified and you can absorb more of their nutrition. Think more like soups and extreme purees.

I have the magic bullet and I love it. I have thought about the nutribullet but I don't know that I'd need it.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet that I use to mix protein shakes. I put 2 ice cubes in them, and I've been using it twice a day for over a year. It's still going strong. I don't make smoothies use frozen fruit or anything like that. For what I use it for, it's the perfect tool for the job. A cinch to clean.
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've used my Magic Bullet to make milkshakes, grind spices, mix baby formula, make blended coffees, grind/chop ingredients for homebrewing, you name it. I love the thing... Now, does it do anything the commercial shows, like making salsa in "three quick pulses" - hell no. But it's still earned it's permanent spot on our kitchen counter.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have the magic bullet and it did get regular use.
    But I picked up a "real" blender where the blades spin off the pitcher and the base is just the size to go on mason jars (regular width) so I'm not limited to the 4 "mugs" that the magic bullet comes with, if I need more personal serving containers I open a case of mason jars and there's 12 containers for just the combo each person wants... great for spices too with the small jars.. I just like the blender with mason jars better but the Bullet certainly did it's job.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I don't have either, but should probably get one because I love watching the info commercials over and over :laugh:
  • SentientGlitterCloud
    Options
    I have the nutribullet. It pulverizes raw veg and retains all the pulp and fibre. I have been using it to make green drinks for breakfast very happily. I get all the goodness of the veg and the fibre which is, well obviously, important ro many reasons.
  • Texasopa
    Texasopa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Magic Bullet it is probably my most used small appliance. I have a Acia, Fruit & flax seed smoothie every day. The thing I really like is you make the smoothie in the drink container, make it, drink it.
    There are a ton of videos on YouTube.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have been using the magic bullet for a few years now it is great but it will still leave tiny pieces of fruit or veggies also the seeds are usually whole still. Ice and frozen strawberries will become little balls at the end of my drink.
    The nutribullet blends it all very well, it becomes smooth and no chunks. It is better but the other is cheaper and does the job as well.
  • wac021
    wac021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had the magic bullet for about two days, for me I had the worst time trying to make smoothies. There just wasn't enough power in it. I ended up returning it and got myself a Nutribullet (after seeing my brother use his) and I love it. I probably use it a good 5 out of 7 days making smoothies.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who hated my Magic Bullet? The fricking thing does nothing. I tried making a smoothie with it and got giant chunks of fruit in it and it ended up being more of a soupy fruit salad than a smoothie. It wouldn't even moosh up an avocado... I mean really.

As for the nutribullet... same company. I'm not going near it. I'd rather buy a ninja blender.
  • Canuck_Fit
    Canuck_Fit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have both. I have been using the magic bullet for a few years now it is great but it will still leave tiny pieces of fruit or veggies also the seeds are usually whole still. Ice and frozen strawberries will become little balls at the end of my drink.
    The nutribullet blends it all very well, it becomes smooth and no chunks. It is better but the other is cheaper and does the job as well.

Same here I have both and by far I love the Nutribullet more, just does a better job pulverizing everything and tastes amazing.
  • ohreally00
    ohreally00 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Per the NutriBullet website:

How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Extractor Blade that emulsifies even the toughest of ingredients including seeds, nuts and stems.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    They're just blenders.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the Nutribullet and use it about 6 days out of the week. I love it. I use spinach, strawberries, milled flaxseed, 1 pack of splenda & coconut water.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've had my magic bullet for almost 2 yrs now. I only use it for my protein shakes and loveeeeee it
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't have either, but should probably get one because I love watching the info commercials over and over :laugh:

Me too! I need to get one already!
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have had a Magic Bullet for years, and love it. I rarely use my blender---I'd rather do several batches in the Magic Bullet, than get out my larger blender to blend something all at once. I also love that it is so easy to clean afterward. It has held up very well, and I've been happy with the smoothies I've made in it.

I didn't really know about the Nutribullet, so I took a look at some information. I think, when my Magic Bullet finally wears out, I'll try the Nutribullet. It sounds like it would do everything my Magic Bullet does, and more. I haven't tried any green smoothies in the Magic Bullet, and I don't know how well it would handle that.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet that we use for protein shakes and fruit smoothies. I guess if we wanted pureed veggies it's easier to just buy V8 juice.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The nutribullet does a better job with kale or spinach than the magic bullet. The cups are also bigger with the nutribullet, which is important as greens take up a lot of space!

I had a magic bullet for years (used at least three times a day: 2 smoothies for me and the hubs, and grinding coffee/making stirfry sauce etc.) until it gave out (it happens) and upgraded to the nutribullet. I love both, but if you were to choose one, go with the nutribullet.