NSVs anyone??

Options
So today I learned the ture meaning of a NSV---to begin with I couldn't figure out how something other than the scale could make you feel like you are achieving somehting! I had just gotten to work and was standing by the kitchen getting my oatmeal ready and a coworker walked by and said "Hey, I can really tell that you are slimming down! You are doing so good!" THAT MADE ME FEEL GREAT!!! So I was wondering what some of y'all NSV stories are??

:laugh: :drinker:

Replies

• BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Mine today is that I felt confident enough to wear a dress to work for the first time ever in my professional career. Starting to feel more confident with my body and venturing into clothing I would have never felt confortable wearing last year or in the past 7 years.

Congrats to you, always a great feeling when other people notice. :drinker:
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    One I have yet still to tell, but found it funny as all heck (after the fact).

I got a favorite pair of jeans, big ones. however, despite weightloss, I still wear them. Normally, I could still wear them just fine. However, two months ago, I was in no mood to cook, so ran down the block to McDonalds to grab something (those Premium Chicken Wraps, grilled, are great!), and while in line, I felt something odd, and tugged at my belt line ... it wasn't there, it ws then I realized my jeans were hanging down my hips, I almost looked like I was going gangster or something.

Blushing red as an apple, I held them up with one hand through ordering and going home. But after I got home, I set the food down and laughed hard for 20 minutes. I was feeling great, if a bit embarrased.
  • Linda5678
    Linda5678 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had two this week :happy:

My sister and my niece came over to go swimming on Saturday and my niece said "your bathing suit is too big for you, you need to get a smaller one".

One of my co workers said yesterday "Looking good"!!
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One I have yet still to tell, but found it funny as all heck (after the fact).

I got a favorite pair of jeans, big ones. however, despite weightloss, I still wear them. Normally, I could still wear them just fine. However, two months ago, I was in no mood to cook, so ran down the block to McDonalds to grab something (those Premium Chicken Wraps, grilled, are great!), and while in line, I felt something odd, and tugged at my belt line ... it wasn't there, it ws then I realized my jeans were hanging down my hips, I almost looked like I was going gangster or something.

Blushing red as an apple, I held them up with one hand through ordering and going home. But after I got home, I set the food down and laughed hard for 20 minutes. I was feeling great, if a bit embarrased.

I actually had somehting close to this happen to me when I was in nursing school (I had lost a LOT of weight while in school)...this story made me chuckle only because I can relate....
  • ldiaz0303
    ldiaz0303 Posts: 13
    Options
    Mine today is that I felt confident enough to wear a dress to work for the first time ever in my professional career. Starting to feel more confident with my body and venturing into clothing I would have never felt confortable wearing last year or in the past 7 years.

Congrats to you, always a great feeling when other people notice. :drinker:

im so happy for u !
    dresses are so cute and i used to wear them all the time but i gained like 50 pounds so now i dont want to. but im going to fit back into them again! yay !
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A tighter rung on my belt to day; downside is my pants bunch up.....(first world problems...) but an NSV, nonetheless!!!
  • Dennish68
    Dennish68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great NSV today! I had a last minute meeting to attend during lunchtime. Food was ordered for us and because i had ordered a buffalo chicken quesadilla before, they ordered me that again because i never responded to the request to what i wanted. Well, i passed on it because i had already planned what i was going to have(someone else enjoyed the quesadilla). It was tough to not eat but i was very strong for once
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great NSV today! I had a last minute meeting to attend during lunchtime. Food was ordered for us and because i had ordered a buffalo chicken quesadilla before, they ordered me that again because i never responded to the request to what i wanted. Well, i passed on it because i had already planned what i was going to have(someone else enjoyed the quesadilla). It was tough to not eat but i was very strong for once

Well done sir! Thats my downfall too, when I eat with others. Kudos to your willPOWER!!!
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was able to zip up my jacket without hiking it up and over my hips and struggling with the zipper. It hung right where it was supposed to and zipped like a champ. I hadn't zipped it all winter. I was very happy - especially because it was raining!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Sprinted for the first time since completely rupturing my Achilles in 2007. Felt wonderful!

(I blogged about it. There are some graphic photos of surgery so only go to the link if you can handle seeing the inside of my leg:)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jzalisa/view/last-week-s-nsv-with-some-back-story-warning-graphic-photos-of-surgery-536640
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    Finished C25k today :D All my victories are NSVs... the scale hasn't budged a bit.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Might be silly, but the fact that I'm sticking to my calories and no longer feel like I'm starving!

At the beginning I thought this was pure torture.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Gained about 15 pounds throughout the holidays and my pants were a bit snug - I even bought a couple pairs in the next size bigger. Now my regular size fits again and can even fit into a size smaller!
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    I do not log "cleaning" as exercise anymore. I also don't count walking around stores as "walking" anymore. Feeling like I am actually earning those extra calories now :wink:
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I had an odd one today- my colleagues were taking McDonald's orders for someone to go out and buy ready for lunchtime- one of the girls said to me " I won't ask you, you don't eat it, you eat healthy".

A bit weird, but nice all the same.

edited to add, not bashing McD's- never been a fan myself, not eaten it since i was about 16.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I went to my favorite plus sized store yesterday for a super sale and took sizes 18 to 14 into the fitting room with me and had the best luck with the 14s! I thought I was a 16 for sure. So even though I haven't been doing much lately I'm still maintaining and losing little by little. Made me feel good to know that I haven't back slid and that my new eating habits really are habits now! Woo Hoo!!! Still have a lot of room for improvement but I'm getting there.

YEA US!!!!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I back squatted 165 pounds 5x5! \0/
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    got seriously eye-f*cked by two ladies while out on my run today.
    And got winked at (+ smile) by a presumably gay dude on a bike riding past me as well.
    #winning
  • Fat_Lenny
    Fat_Lenny Posts: 38
    Options
    I wore a dress to a wedding a couple of months ago that I hadn't been able to get into since I was 17 - 10 years ago! The dress looked timeless and not dated at all, so I'd hung onto it in hope one day that I could wear it again. I don't look 17 anymore, but I think I wore it better this time around because I felt so confident in it!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Had to retire another clothing item because it was too big.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!