140+ lbs to lose. Anyone else?

Options
Here's a little bit of my story:

I am a 30 year old mother of two great kids, happily married and really heavy for my height.

I have a few health issues that make it hard for me to exercise like I want to right now and it has become really frustrating to have my own body rebel against me like it has.

I have been a type 1 diabetic since I was 5 years old and on May 28th, 2011 (the day before my oldest child's 9th birthday) I was admitted to hospital because I had woken up having a hard time breathing, about a week and a half before that I had been in the shower and developed chest pain but it passed so I had just brushed it off. Anyway, as it turned out, I had had 2 significant heart attacks so I was rushed to a hospital about an hour and a half away for an emergency angioplasty where I found out one of my major arteries to my heart was completely blocked and there's nothing they can do for me because of my weight. It was a terrifying and humiliating point in my life. I spent almost an entire week in a comatose, weak state where I couldn't do anything. I had given up.

It's been 2 years though and while I had lost a good amount of weight in the first year of recovery, I have pretty much gained it all back. Depressing and self destructive, I know. I'm back on track now though and looking for some friends to share support and motivation.

Replies

• Thin4life1969
    Thin4life1969 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi shawnamajor1 -
    read your story and all I can say is that you have to start somewhere. Take any past failures as training to get it done this time. I am also in the struggle. We can help each other.
    I join this sight for support and I will need it 24/7 and I hope I can give support as well
    be encourged- my friend!! WITT (We In This Together) :smile:
  • shawnamajor1
    shawnamajor1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. With a little encouragement and a ton of motivation and persistence, we can get it done. :0)
  • amanda6564
    amanda6564 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Amanda. I recently just hit my 100 pounds lost goal, but I still have another 120 pounds to lose.

Add me if you want.

Good Luck with your weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • redhead_k073
    redhead_k073 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Shawna! I have about 150 pounds to lose so we are on the same page! Just keep remembering, you put it on one pound at a time, it will come off one pound at a time!

Add me if you want!
  • fiery777
    fiery777 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have done the yoyo with the scales...seven years ago i weighted over 380 pounds i am tall, but it didn't help, i could barely move or breath....i have plenty of health issues as well....you can't look at the end result but take one day at a time....that's what i have done...i am now at 168....i have been up to 280 once just before my last child was born in october of 2011....you can do it....one pound at a time, one day at time...