Looking for help for the last big goal

Options
JAMProphet
JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
Hi Everyone-

So, after losing a big portion of the weight I carried around for most of my life (approximately 125 pounds) I have now been stuck for the last 6 months in a holding pattern. I have not been able to break through this last plateau to lose the last 30 pounds. I have fluctuated between 190 and 210, though I usually hold steady at about 205.

I really want to be down around 175, and have a Body fat % of about 18.

I would like to connect with some folks on here who are working on the last little bit to lose (10-25 pounds) to help kick me in the butt, give me solid tips and to help push me over that last hill.

Will you be MFPeep?

Replies

• missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm not on my last leg of the journey (sort of around the middle) but I wish you the best of luck in your journey. From what I've heard, mixing things up a bit (nutrition and exercise wise) can sometimes kick start weight loss when you do not have much to lose, but I'm not remotely there yet!
  • chzu
    chzu Posts: 4
    Options
    try something spontaneous! Like a new fitness class or new diet meal plan. I recently did something new to break my plateau - I ran a 5k! And now I am starting the south beach diet to get quick weight loss...just helps with motivation! Good luck!
  • mickway
    mickway Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OMG ! you lost 125 lbs., that is so fantastic, I just started my journey on this web site, how long did it take you to lose 125lbs ? congratulations the rest will come off slowly but surely !

Wayne
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    try something spontaneous! Like a new fitness class or new diet meal plan. I recently did something new to break my plateau - I ran a 5k! And now I am starting the south beach diet to get quick weight loss...just helps with motivation! Good luck!

I've been thinking about getting into running again. Its been about a year since my first race - I'll look into it!

Thanks!
  • JAMProphet
    Options
    I'm not on my last leg of the journey (sort of around the middle) but I wish you the best of luck in your journey. From what I've heard, mixing things up a bit (nutrition and exercise wise) can sometimes kick start weight loss when you do not have much to lose, but I'm not remotely there yet!

I'm thinking maybe getting back into running might help. Maybe training for a 1/2 marathon at the end of the year?