weight loss arizona227

arizona227
arizona227 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
:smile: hi i need help losing weight. iam 60 years old and weight 254 lbs. my weight really bothers me, i wear size 28 and iam tired all the time. the more i want to lose weight the more i eat. my grandson said grandma everyone says you are fat, but i told them you are not fat you just eat to much.

Replies

• Well grandma
    start putting in your foods daily
    open your diary
    and behonest with yourself
    and see what you do put in your mouth....
    make small changes
    make it lifestyle, not diet
    and do something to move more
    walk....something....
  • Hi, I am a 61 year young Grandma( 9 and 1 due in Oct.) , heard about this site on Today Show this morning. Love it already!!!! I am starting my new Journey at 260 lbs., I am 5'1" . Have tried WW soooooo many times, would probably get award for person who has joined the most number of times!!!! I have decided this attempt will work. I have many issues but sometimes they feel like excuses. From today on ,I will work around them or with them. I am a 6 year Breast cancer survivor, have Fibromylagia and arthritis but I have all my limbs so I can move around. I babysit my 18 month old and 4 year old grandsons 2 days a week for 8 hours a day, very tired at the end of day but I love it!!! My oldest son is on his 3rd deployment in Iraq, when I start to complain about being tired I think about him and his fellow soldiers and remember how tired they must be fighting for our freedom. I am so Blessed and I am determined to accomplish my goals this time on my Journey!!!
  • its me arizona 227 i know how you feel. iam so sick of being overweight the more i try to lose the more i gain. this time is going to be different, i will lose weight, i will. i went to curves today, my biggest problem is pepsi i drink a least a 6 pack a day. i will be praying for your son GOD bless him
  • Good to hear from you...wonderful that you get out to a gym..I am not a gym person but am trying to do some Richard Simmons Dvd's that I have...not a good dancer I have no rhythm..nobody is here when I do it except my dog- she is a border collie, she just lays on the floor and watches!! Don't have a pop or soda craving- good luck to you. You need to be as Patient and as giving to yourself as you are with others...that is a big part of our problem we as mothers and grandmothers are ALWAYS taking care of others needs and wants..Time to take care of our own and not feel GUILTY!!!!! Thank you for the prayers for my son..he and his fellow soldiers need all the prayers that are offered. Have a GREAT DAY!!!
This discussion has been closed.