12mos, 46 Pounds Lost, Heavy Lifting Mom (5'8")

Options

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    To the O.P.
    Holy Shneyekies!!!!!!! If I tried to press 100# I'd be wearing a death necklace! I thought I was doing well with 50. (Hangs head.) :sad:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Bumpity, bump! You look fantastic!
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Girl you ROCK! What an inspiration you are to me! You look fab and I am so proud of you! Congrats and thank you so much for sharing this with all of us on MFP! Happy Birthday! Continued awesomeness to you! ;o)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Such amazing results and dedication my friend.
    You're a living proof that with some work and willing...it's possible.

You're pushing yourself all the time and help everyone you can with advice and support.

Keep it up and don't change. You're doing super great !

YOU ROCK!

Take care...
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Yet another win for heavy lifting!! You look fantastic!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    To the O.P.
    Holy Shneyekies!!!!!!! If I tried to press 100# I'd be wearing a death necklace! I thought I was doing well with 50. (Hangs head.) :sad:

You pick your head up right now! Congrats on pushing 50#!! I didn't start with 100#. I could hardly handle the bar when I started on the BP. I failed....twice.....on 100# not too long ago. Yes, totally got stuck under the bar and had to get rescued. Keep it up and you'll get there. :happy:

Thanks for all of the kind words and support people!! You all are awesome!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work !!

You look amazing and very happy :happy:

Congratulations :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

wtge.gif
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations on all your hard work. You look great! How long have you been lifting heavy? :flowerforyou:
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Hi, Congratulations on all your hard work. You look great! How long have you been lifting heavy? :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much! Started bodyweight workouts in August, barbell "heavy" lifting programs in early November. So almost 7 months on weights, since starting serious strength workouts of some kind.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    thanks. I just started the SL 5X5 Monday and like you I have all but given up cardio. Three days a week I walk around 10,000 steps (job related.....and yes, it is constant), so I figure that is cardio.

Edited to say that my job requires heavy lifting too.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl! U look AMAZING :drinker:
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wow! great results!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    100% awesome! You look fabulous! Well done!!! :heart:

Heather is next!
    Waiting on her post!
    ;)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I'm 5'9" and started a heavy lifting routine last week--Nia Shanks "Lift Like a Girl". Love her stuff! I'm glad to see you got great results with her. Keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to only doing cardio when I WANT to. :)
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are an inspiration!
  • jfrankic
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! I'm 5'9" and started a heavy lifting routine last week--Nia Shanks "Lift Like a Girl". Love her stuff! I'm glad to see you got great results with her. Keep up the good work!

I'm looking forward to only doing cardio when I WANT to. :)

Congratulations on starting a new routine. I'm certain you will love this program. I've not done this one, but I know Nia's work. I love that her approach is sane and simple. I don't enjoy long, drawn out, slow and steady cardio. So I don't do it. I like brief high intensity stuff, so I choose to finish my WOs with that. Cardio certainly has its place with certain goals, enjoyment (if that's your thing) and for health benefits, but it is not necessary for fat loss.

That fact was so invigorating and empowering!! I went on a 20 mile bike ride on Monday because I wanted to, and I enjoyed it! Not stressing over calories burned, just enjoying the time with my husband...and that my strong body was able to do take me that far.
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Utterly awesome!! :)
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! We are the same height and I enjoy the motivation!!!!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I love that you noted that it didn't take perfection. :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!