advice

Options
Hi, my name is Teri, im 43 and as you probably guessed im not here cause i'm skinny, but i have a question...i was wondering does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of exercise i could start with? please keep this in mind, i work two jobs. so im on my feet the majority of the day, i am also going to a podiatrist for severe bone spurs, so its hard for me to walk for long periods, and impossible for me to run, however i do wear the sketchers rockers all day during work....any ideas?

Replies

• softlyspoken68
    Options
    just get started somewhere...anywhere....busy schedule or not...you have to make a start...walking...
    dance...just move...even 10 min a day is more than what you're doing...
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    can you ride a bike?
  • worldtravelgirl98
    Options
    Maybe swimming? I don't swim myself, but I have heard it is great exercise. I personally use an elliptical an love it.
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Yes if you know how to swim,Do that.You will burn alot of calories,Trust me i do it when ever i get the chance to.Today is not one of those days due to Heat advisory is bad right now.
  • raeannefowler
    Options
    I use the exercise bike. It's old as anything but it still works and I only do it for 30 min every other day. I read a book while I'm on it. Much like you I don't have much time so it allows me to feel like I'm having some leisure time to myself. It's not much but every little bit of extra activity helps.
  • paddycake
    Options
    I also can't walk, i have a bad back.i was thinking about the stretch bands. you can sit or stand , don't need to walk, there is a web site exercising with the stretch bands, it shows all the exercises u can do for each part of the body that u want . try it. what can u lose nothing but strengthening your body and tightening up those muscles that we seemed to have lost. paddycake123@comcast.net:wink: : its like the old exercises we used to do many years ago, elaine powers. exercises in a room. on the floor standing, todays platies, i think thats what it is called today. a few dollars at wal mart. and u'r ready to go. a few minutes a day. that is what i am going to use. going to go out and but one tomorrow, really don't know what it costs, but at walmart, what could it be. $10.00. :bigsmile:
  • kajsrose
    Options
    thank you all for the great ideas, i did go shopping with my daughter today and walked walmart for an hour, i love swimming so im thinking of joining the Y as well....
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I think that walking is going to be the best way to start. If you can walk in Wal-Mart for an hour, then you need to try to do the same more often and keep moving! While watching TV, you can use hand weights, do sit ups, lay in the floor and do leg lifts; there are just all sorts of things you can do to get your body moving - the hard part is just doing it!!! I wish you success on your journey. Take that first step and don't stop!
  • paddycake
    Options
    i'm game. what's the web site. paddycake123@comcast.net