Did you try to do a google search?
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    no clue, but this sounds delicious!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    To make 4 servings (or 6 or 8 if you can manage your portion size. And you'll want to when you see the cals), I use a cup of rice (jasmine or basmati -- both yummy), a cup of coconut milk, and a cup of water. I also love adding some shaved frozen or fresh coconut in there, too along with some grated ginger.

And then don't even think about the insane number of calories in it while you're eating it. The coconut milk is calorie packed, but healthy. And OMG so good.
  • nanubr
    nanubr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe we use at my house

RECIPE - Brazilian Coconut Rice (Arroz de Coco)
    Serves 4 as a side dish

2 cups long-grain white rice (Thai jasmine rice is an excellent choice)
    1 Tbsp. butter
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    1 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
    1 cup grated, unsweetened coconut
    1 cup evaporated milk (thick homemade coconut milk may be substituted)
    2 cups water
    1 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions (green part only)
    salt to taste
    Wash the rice in cold running water until water runs clear. In a medium heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter, then fry the garlic and chopped white onion until transparent, but uncolored. Stir in the rice, the grated coconut, salt to taste, the coconut milk and the water. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, lower heat and cook until liquid is dissolved and rice is tender, approximately 20 minutes. Let rest in pan, tightly covered for 10 minutes (can let rest for up to 30 minutes).

Fluff the rice with a fork, and place in serving plate or dish. Sprinkle with the chopped green onion and serve immediately.