20 lbs?

Options
So i really want to lose 20 lbs by my birthday. It's my first mini goal. Is that a reasonable amount of weight to lose in approx 5 months? (my birthday is October 26)

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Assuming 20 pounds wouldn't make you skinny, sounds doable.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That's about 1 lb a week, which is definitely doable. I lost about 40 lbs in that amount of time by watching my calories and exercising about 4 times a week.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    20 by October is very doable, 1 pound a week is good. Just put that as your goal and do the recomended calories. The program works.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    totally doable! im going for that also. but my goal was novemberish. so would love to follow you if we can do it together to hold each other accountable. i want to do pics for hubby for christmas!
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Assuming 20 pounds wouldn't make you skinny, sounds doable.
    No 20 lbs won't make me skinny. I need to lose around 60 lbs. I want to weight around 150.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    totally doable! im going for that also. but my goal was novemberish. so would love to follow you if we can do it together to hold each other accountable. i want to do pics for hubby for christmas!
    Definitely!!! I'm sending you a request now
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! You can do it!
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you have Diet & exercise you could lose that in just over two months.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Very do-able! I lost 50 lbs in 5 months, at around 2lbs a week.
  • alehundrah
    Options
    Very do-able! I lost 50 lbs in 5 months, at around 2lbs a week.
    What exctly did you do? Did you exercise everyday and what was your calorie intake?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    seems very very reachable. it's about 20 weeks from now. you can definetly lose on average a pound a week. some weeks you might not lose any, some you might lose a few.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    One pound per week. Perfect. Good timing.
  • MarandaEdwards
    Options
    You can do that. In one month I lost 18 lbs. Just stay positive, and I will help encourage you. All is doable with a I can do this attitude. Thank you for encouraging me.:bigsmile:
  • alehundrah
    Options
    You can do that. In one month I lost 18 lbs. Just stay positive, and I will help encourage you. All is doable with a I can do this attitude. Thank you for encouraging me.:bigsmile:
    Wow!!! 18 lbs in one month. That is really cool. Well i've been worried whether I can lose that amount of weight since I havent reallly exercised like I should. But I'm gonna step it up. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It means a lot.
  • vanessadsilva
    Options
    aww mine too on 20th of October :D with my mom n dads 25th wedding anniversary lined up in December. Got to be looking good.