Getting Married!

Options
Hey Everyone!!!

Well i am so not any good at all this internet networking stuff but i need to something. My weight has spiraled out of control, I have been eating whatever, whenever regardless of weather or not i am even hungry. I ballooned to 212 (i 5'6") It has caused me to have polycystic ovary syndrome which will make it difficult for me to get pregnant one day along with many other health problems in the future

On July 3rd 2010 my best friend got down on one knee and in front of about 50 of my family members asked me to marry him. We are now getting married July 16th 2011 (which is my very sick grandfathers 75th birthday) and i want to look and feel beautiful.

I started doing a shake meal replacement program about 2weeks ago but i struggle w/ cutting back on eating food and finding the energy anymore to workout. I am hoping that with a group of people to support me i will find the strength to take care of myself

So to sum it up my name is Natalie Thompson i am 5'6" 1/2 and weigh 212....My goals are to be down 20 pounds by October and to be down 60 pounds by the time I get married!

Replies

• KarenJM
    KarenJM Posts: 6
    Options
    It's good to see you setting realistic goals-- this is the place to be. Tracking your food and exercise makes loosing so much easier--good luck
  • KarenJM
    KarenJM Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh my goodness and Congratulations!
  • brieski24
    Options
    Hey there, welcome. I also recently found out that I have PCOS. I have put on about 40 pounds in less than a year, lost my period, and a mess of other symptoms, when I finally decided it couldn't all be stress I went to the doctor and they found my insulin level and testosterone levels were sky high- thus, PCOS. I, too, am getting married- Oct 15,2011- and I want to lose that 40lbs and get back to my lean, fit self. I have been running like crazy for the past 6 months, but because of the PCOS weight loss was seemingly impossible, now that I am on Metformin, following a diabetic meal plan and watching portions as well as working out by mixing it up with cario and weights, and doing classes- body combat, body step, body pump, etc. I have lost almost 5lbs in a week!! This is truly motivating. I feel much better, and when the weight starts to come off, no matter in how small of increments it feels good and pushes you to pursue!

We have similar stories, which is cool, and I think we could work together to reach our goals!! Best of luck! You can do it.

my start weight 213, my current weight 209

my goal weights:

200lb before Sept 3rd (my follow up appt with endocrinologist)

185lb and maintained before Xmas

165lb and maintained by the time I get married.

I am 5'11"
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on the Engagement.................

Hon - The weight gain didn't cause you to get PCOS, the onset of PCOS symptoms caused you to gain weight.

Take care of yourself and watch your carb intake............especially bread, pasta, cereals, crackers, sugar, pretty much any processed foods.

I say this because I have PCOS, diabetes, adrenal gland fatigue, pituitary issues and Thyroid issues.

It is now known that a lot of women that have PCOS develop thyroid issues at some point in their life. For me, it look about 10 years from the onset of PCOS symptoms to develop hypothyroidism.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words, The PCOS is very frustrating. I actually don't have medical insurance as of now but I am in the process of weighing out some different insurance options before i pick one so no doctor for me for now. I get angry about it, Why me? I was so skinny in high school then w/ a snap of a finger i ballooned. But i will admit i have spent more time being angry and not enough time being proactive so i am hoping to change all that!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words, The PCOS is very frustrating. I actually don't have medical insurance as of now but I am in the process of weighing out some different insurance options before i pick one so no doctor for me for now. I get angry about it, Why me? I was so skinny in high school then w/ a snap of a finger i ballooned. But i will admit i have spent more time being angry and not enough time being proactive so i am hoping to change all that!!

There are many of us in those same shoes................

In 1994 when I met my husband, I was 124 pounds of muscle and wore a size 2 or 4............by 1999, I was weighing in the 200's and have had a hard time getting out of those numbers.