Looking older or younger?

Options
One of my biggest fears with losing weight is looking older. I have been overweight all my life and not sure whether I would look older or younger?

Does anyone else worry about this? Thanks!

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    most people lose weight and end up looking a lot younger.

i wouldn't sweat it though.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Research shows that younger people tend to look older when they are overweight, and older people tend to look younger (because the fat fills in what would otherwise be wrinkles).

If you are past middle age, you might look a little older when you get to goal, but that seems a minor price to pay, anyway. I mean, it's your health. Would you rather just appear younger, or actually live to be older?
  • 2013Jenn2013
    2013Jenn2013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this helps or not but Here are my Before and Afters of my face, 2005 (almost 20) - 2013 (almost 28)...
    I'm not sure whether i look older or younger. But, I do know, it makes a big difference and i'd rather look whatever age I look now!

d6fe253d-57cb-47a9-a079-53aa6daf4f13_zps73e05ea8.jpg
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Even if your face looks a bit older, a strong, fit body looks younger. Maybe you'll be pleased with the balance.
  • lairdg
    lairdg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think you look a lot younger in the photo on the right
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Research shows that younger people tend to look older when they are overweight, and older people tend to look younger (because the fat fills in what would otherwise be wrinkles).

If you are past middle age, you might look a little older when you get to goal, but that seems a minor price to pay, anyway. I mean, it's your health. Would you rather just appear younger, or actually live to be older?

The last line (question) is very powerful.

8488541.png
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What do you think Im 25 lbs thinner in the right one , do you think I look older or younger ? Curiosity. I have 16 puonds to lose still .

4loe4y.jpg
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    This is really the wrong question to ask.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Don't let the feeling hold you back. No matter what you will FEEL younger, and that's what is important.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Members of my family refuse to lose weight because of this. I lost 40 lbs and was warned repeatedly that I would look older. I look at least 5-10 yrs younger
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    Definitely want to live to be older! That's for sure. I am still going to go forward and do what I need to do to lose weight! That's for sure! Thanks for all the info and pictures!

Sakura - you look younger! Congrats on your loss!
  • BarbBlue
    Options
    Jenn - thanks you look younger too!
  • BarbBlue
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I appreciate it!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think you look about the same age, maybe a tiny bit younger on the thinner one.
    Congrats for the lbs loss.
    What do you think Im 25 lbs thinner in the right one , do you think I look older or younger ? Curiosity. I have 16 puonds to lose still .

4loe4y.jpg