havin trouble staying on track

Options
Belmont666
Belmont666 Posts: 22 Member
:brokenheart:

Hey everybody im new here never really bin using this site but I need advice, well im at my normal weight right now 155, im 6"0 and very active I workout daily trying to get more in to it actually, well im also diabetic witch would also add stress, I also suffer from depression but I don't take any pills for that what my workouts are for, also suffer from insomnia, well the thing is I go on a constant cycle of eating healthy and then like I snap and I want to eat and eat and eat, ive bin trying to stay on it seein what it triggers but I cant... I go one week fine that the next I eat binge eat more it sucks... I feel depressed sad.. thanis last week I did good I didn't even eat any junk food well I said that's week one well Monday yes I still kept it up but Tuesday I felt grumpy frustrated sad,, and then there was cake soi hd a slice and hen it began,,, granolas naturevalley and more ugghh and then today I didn't count i just ate and well I I feel horrible I cant keep doing this or else ima go insane can someone give me avice I would really appreciate it everybody have a lovely day.

Replies

• lairdg
    lairdg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Linda,

I often go thru periods where I 'snap' as well and go down the path of making poor choices with my food as well. I find that at those times when I am not eating well I am also not using the MFP. I guess maybe its because I know that even though its just a website it tends to hold me accountable for what I am eating etc. I have tried to find out what my triggers are and how to combat them but yet have not been able to determine what the triggers are exactly. When I do eat poorly I try my hardest to make it only that one meal or one snack, if not then I just chalk it up to something to work on the next day or when I go down that path of making another poor choice. Best of luck on reaching your goals!

Regards,
    Laird
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yep. that's why we all need this site. To stop that eating pattern. It's hard. I haven't succeeded yet, but some here have.
    Welcome.
  • ginamarina0622
    ginamarina0622 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, you seem to be at a really healthy weight. It's ok to slip up one day once in a while. You are exercising regularly and eating right most of the time. If you are depressed, stressing out about what you eat is just going to make you more depressed. Try to focus on what you are doing right, because there is a lot! good luck and don't worry you are on the right track
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    You admit to it and confessing is the first step. When I find myself binging I try to remember how was I feeling. Try journaling before, during, after your binge. Were you feeling FLAB it stands for an acronym. F= frustrated, L= lonely, A=anxious/stressed, B=bored. Try to reflect on why you binged. I have the same problem still and I am still a work in progress but I like to accept what Jenny Craig says " we are perfectly imperfect and need to accpet our humanity. Don't beat yourself up about it this is something you can and will overcome do not let this derail you. Keep fighting for your happiness. There is a MFP pal that has a great quote that says it best are we eating because of real hunger, we need to reflect on our emotions and see and wait did I just eat, am I really hungry if I ate 10 minutes ago.

This is the quote "If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution. Time for a change, now!"

Try to find another way to let out your emotions. It is easier said then done. I still to this date binge, but not to the extemes I used to. It gets better try and try and never stop trying to better this problem you have of binging. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
  • Belmont666
    Belmont666 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanx everybody for your support and advice i guess it was time for to ask for it instead of always giving it when people think someone is perfect that nothing is wrong with them its very judgemental at times but im glad im doing it ima try and stay at my normal weight and im going to try not to binge but i do feel horrible right now my stomach is killing me still so i guess tomorrow will be a new day for now i guess i should try and sleep wich i definitely could use some my body im sure i have bin hurting it with these on going cycles of binging and then restricting diets that i give myself but yes first the body needs to heal and then it will start to recover thanx again everybody! :smile: