Lunch Recipe Help

Options
I am a school teacher and I am looking for any quick lunch recipes that I can prepare the night/day before hand that I can eat at lunch.

Also any healthy snacks you can recommend to would be GREAT!

Thanks so much.

Replies

• mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    I dont know if this would work for you, but i read about a mini pizza recipe on here last night. I changed it up a bit to work for me at work for lunches. Before work I toasted Arnolds Brand Sandwich Thins 100 Percent whole wheat. I then grabbed a serving of onions, mushrooms, pizza sauce (reduced Sodium) pepperoni and a kraft naurals string cheese. When it was time for lunch i put the sauce on my sandwich thins and added all toppings. I took the string cheese ripped it in half and pulled each half apart and put it on top. I then put it in the microwave for about 90 seconds (till cheese was melted). Mine totaled 332 calories total for it and it was so good and really easy. You can probably make it even lower in calories with healthier cheese and turkey pepperoni. Good luck
  • cehrenhaus
    Options
    Healthy snacks:
    carrots, easy access fruits (grapes, bananas, apples, etc.), home made oatmeal muffins: http://faerywitch.wordpress.com/category/recipes/

Easy recipes:
    I put chicken breasts in an oven pan with a bullion cube and water, this keeps them moist when I bake them and gives a nice extra flavor.
    Rice salad: brown rice, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers... anything you fancy! Add some vinegar and a bit of olive oil.
    Stir fried tofu: any veggies you like (onions, peppers, cabbage, carrots, celery) and tofu. Add olive oil (or sesame oil) to a pab and fry the veggies and tofu. delicious and super fast!
    Potato and tomato salad: Diced boiled potatoes, tomatoes, onions, season as you like. Really delicious and fresh for the summer!

Hope this helps!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a fridge at work?

I take salads (just pack them as I make dinner the night before or store the fixings in the faculty fridge, depending), yogurt, frozen bean and rice dishes (I've just made 15...so that's a month of that dish, at least, since I can't stand the same lunch EVERY day). By the time I get to lunch, it's defrosted, so I just pop it in the microwave....

snacks: fruit, string cheese, almonds (pre-packaged), raisins.....
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    If you like mushrooms, get some portabella mushroom caps and make burgers out of them. I flip them upside down then put a bit of vinegarette on the fins, then some shredded cheese and ground pepper. Zap in the microwave for a few minutes till the cheese is melted, then layer it in a Arnold Sandwich Thin with greens of your choice (I like baby spinach) and other veggie toppings like sprouts or red peppers. Pack some baby carrots and an apple and you're good to go. Takes me about 5 minutes to make in the morning.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's just as good cold as it is hot out of the microwave.
  • staceybug13
    Options
    That sounds easy enough. I've got a fridge and a microwave in my classroom so that will work. Thanks!
  • staceybug13
    Options
    Those all sound great ladies. Thank you.