Losing 20lbs in about 1 month O.O Please help!

Options
Okay so I've lost 40lbs so far and I need to lose about 40 more....but 20 more till I get to a comfortable point though and The reason I need to rush this weight lose is well I'm trying to go on a trip (Unknown) . Me and my sister made a deal that the only way to get there is to be 20lbs lighter and I'm on board!!!

So if idk any ideas or ways to help me complete or be successful in this please share. I'm desperate >.< Super confusing sorry just excited lol

Replies

• Brebrelynne
    Brebrelynne Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    oopsies double posted sorry
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No. Sorry.

In order to lose 20 lbs in 1 months (short of being very obese)...you would have to eat way too few calories and in the process you would lose a LOT of LBM which would result in you looking very flabby. Eat at a reasonable deficit, exercise, and be happy with the loss you achieve this month.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    :huh: riiiiiiight
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    No. Sorry.

In order to lose 20 lbs in 1 months (short of being very obese)...you would have to eat way too few calories and in the process you would lose a LOT of LBM which would result in you looking very flabby. Eat at a reasonable deficit, exercise, and be happy with the loss you achieve this month.

This.

I don't think you'd be as happy with the results if you managed it. Losing that much that quickly isn't going to give your body time to adjust and tone.
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    In one month 10 lbs is ambitious if you only have 40 left to lose. I question the reasoning of having to lose 20 lbs to be able to go anyplace so the whole thing just sounds like a bad idea. Aim for 5 or 6 lbs because your going to be to sick to do anything if you try to lose 20.
  • JohnnyCashMoney
    Options
    Dumb idea, unless you are at least 100 lbs overweight.
  • baozytools12
    Options
    Go for it .. but the moment you eat adequate calories. All of it is going straight to your fat stores :)
  • wallaceansari
    wallaceansari Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would ask is what is your diet like and what type of exercises/workouts do you do? Simple things like drinking water instead of juice or soda will get rid of quite a bit of calories in your diet. Instead of foods with added sugars, eat fruits and vegetables for snacks. Stay away from boxed, processed food that are high in sodium will help as well. Those are the easy things that are in your control. I lost 13 lbs in a month doing Insanity, drinking Shakeology, and running about 2 miles a day. I didn't do all three everyday. I would alternate the Insanity workouts and running but I did drink the Shakeology everyday. It replaced one meal a day so that helped keep the calories down and it's extremely healthy.
  • AFilmer
    AFilmer Posts: 22
    Options
    it is possible to loose 15 lbs in one month. idk about 20. when I did wrestling I lost around .7 lb a day. but it was very very very intense exercise for 4 hours every day. then light exercise for another 4-6 hours that day. and probably about 1.5 hours of light jogging and 20min stair climbing each day.

for people that say it is not possible, yes it is.

and also for people saying that I just lost water weight no that was not it.

I lost .7 in weight almost every day I weighed in every day before practice.

I also weighed in after practice and I lost about 4-8 pounds but that was just water weight.

I was eating healthy during this whole time.

its very tough but if you are really really motivated it can be done.

10lbs in one month can be done, and you can feel ok, you just have to do it right.

I do know that this would be impossible if you had a job or had other things that you had to accomplish in your day. but just saying that it is possible.

but tbh I would aim for about 5-8 lbs a month
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No, just no. At your weight, losing 20lbs in one month is dangerous and irresponsible. 5lbs is reasonable. I doubt this trip came up just now and you had ample warning. You should have started three months earlier.

I realize your will interpret this as "OMG SO MEEEEEAAAN!!" but I really have your best interest in mind.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    20 fork putdowns & 15 plate push-aways per day
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    No, just no. At your weight, losing 20lbs in one month is dangerous and irresponsible. 5lbs is reasonable. I doubt this trip came up just now and you had ample warning. You should have started three months earlier.

I realize your will interpret this as "OMG SO MEEEEEAAAN!!" but I really have your best interest in mind.

I think I love you, Mr. Whierd.
  • whierd
    Options
    1 container gerber 2nds sweet tatos o fat grams 70 cal.
    1 cup yoplait yogurt strawberry/banana 1.5 fat grams 210 cal.
    1/2 motts applesauce 0 fat grams 110 cal.
    1/2 cup instant tatos 3 fat grams 110 cal.
    1/2 cup jello 0 fat grams 80 cal.
    1/2 cup michigan cottage cheese 5 fat grams 120 cal.

700 calories in the above and only 9.5 fat grams
    all the water you can stand
    NO POP or SODA

if you are exercising, you can eat this 2 times and lose your 20 lbs in a month, i lost 25 that way

Reported for advocating VLCD.
  • AFilmer
    AFilmer Posts: 22
    Options

lol this is clever haha. defiantly going to use this in the future
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cut off a limb
  • whierd
    Options

I think I love you, Mr. Whierd.

I no idea who you are, but you have cat pictures, and I love cats.
  • akpheng
    akpheng Posts: 3
    Options
    obviously she does not care to do it the right way. So here is the secret to losing 20lbs. Stop eating, run every where you go and drink lots of water. Promise you will lose those 20lbs!! Good luck!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

lol this is clever haha. defiantly going to use this in the future

Only use it defiantly though.

OP, even if you did lose 20 pounds in one month that would require a deficit of 70,000. Assuming you maintain around 1600 (I'm guessing here) you could eat nothing for the next 30 days (yes 0 calories) and then you'd need to burn 22,000 calories with exercise.

I'm sure you can see why this is unattainable.
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No need for an explanation. Just simply; No.
This discussion has been closed.