Gaining :-/

Options
I have been on a diet about a week n a half eating way under calories but yet ive gained 4 pounds.... :-/ why :( makes me feel like giving up!

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating WAY under calories?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Most likely water weight. Unless your body bends the laws of thermodynamics.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    only a week??

check back in in four to six weeks...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I would wager you are weighing in at different points in the day.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    weigh loss in not linear.

Possiblities:
    1. water weight fluctuations
    2. you are underestimating your calories
    3. you are overestimating your exercise/activity
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    It takes roughly three weeks to see major changes start happening. It's not going to happen overnight. Relax.
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    A week is really early to really gauge any type of progress. At this point, it could be water weight changes....also as a female different points in your cycle your body will be storing more water.
    A couple of things to consider:
    are you weighing in at the same time of day and wearing roughly the same thing? Try to get your weight after morning toileting and before eating anything

Also, how much carbs/ salt are you eating? These foods can cause your body to hold onto water more easily then other foods.

Are you exercising? This will help your body to utilize glucose in your body use it as energy within your muscles. Also, it will help increase your metabolism, thus using more stored energy(fat).

Drink water and sleep! These are two REALLY important things that often get overlooked. Your body needs tools and time to recover and prep from day to day.

Hope this helps!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating WAY under calories?

^^this
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    Thank u! Ya i do execersize daily.. I hope its just waer wait! i just had a baby 5 weeks ago so mayb it has somthing to do with it! but thanks for the comment n help!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Are you starving yourself? *sigh*
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    You just had a baby five weeks ago so you haven't had your six week post partum visit to be cleared to exercise yet? Or do they still do that these days?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You just had a baby five weeks ago so you haven't had your six week post partum visit to be cleared to exercise yet? Or do they still do that these days?

They did when my mom had my youngest sister, 3 years ago. Maybe a whole lot has changed in 3 years...
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    I had my dr appointment 2 weeks ago she oked for me to excersize and for me to go back to work..
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    No i cant live without food lol..