NSVs anyone??

Options

Replies

• bcassill2013
    bcassill2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Going from not being able to do even one unassisted dip, so being able to do 5 unassisted dips, just because I'm lifting just over 50 lbs less each dip!!!

It's hard to get better at something when you can't even do one. Now, that I can do 5 or 6, I can at least work on it.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    When I tucked my shirt into my pencil skirt! I was not worried about my belly bump sticking out :happy: !!!!!!
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    Bought a size 14 bathing suit in the misses section - not the plus size. Looks great and feels so good to be out of those suits.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I had two this week.

While at lunch my coworker got up and followed me into the kitchen... she was filling up her water bottle. I said oh, you don't often bring in water bottles, you feeling ok? (thinking maybe she had a bug or something and was trying to stay hydrated) and she said...

"Well, if you keep drinking all this water and you're losing weight maybe I should drink more water too!"

Not that the water has to do with my weightloss, but I don't drink soda, so all I drink is water. And I fill up my 32 ounce bottle 2-3 times a day.

And yesterday I was rushing to get ready for work and realized my normal jeans were dirty :mad: so I grabbed a pair that I squeezed into for the day and low and behold...

THEY WERE SIZE 6! I thought they felt a little tight, but I didn't check the tag, I figured they fit, they zip, I will wear them and deal with it. Better than wearing a skirt anyways. they were a bit snug, but that just means I'm getting closer to my goal weight since I could zip them and wear them a whole work day without having to unbutton the top button for some relief!!!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Being able to get up off the floor without having to grab something to haul myself up with!
  • HopeDaleen930
    Options
    It'll be hard to relate to this, but I was able to secure my airpack to my body while sitting down, in of course bunker gear that actually fits the way they are suppose to. I use to have to stand, suck it in, and secure my airpack. This happened Sunday. Still happy. :) Plus the fact that I wore a pair of work pants to work today that I out grew several months ago.
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Y'all have had some GREAT NSVs!!!!!

:happy: :drinker:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My greatest NSV was my last checkup: Completely off BP meds (was on HCTZ), cholesterol normal, all other blood work normal, and down 40 lbs from a year earlier.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Last week I did an unassisted pull-up for the first time in my entire life. I also donated blood and found out my iron levels are back to normal (139 from about 9 4-5 months ago)
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    No diet cokes/dr pepper for over two to three weeks straight.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    NSV: my thighs don't rub together as much anymore....and my running tights are getting a bit loose, especially in the caboose.
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Last week I realized my wedding rings come off my finger much more easily.

Today I bought a dress in a size 12! The last dress I bought was a 16.
  • Jenw777
    Jenw777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I managed to run two laps at the track yesterday without stopping. I've NEVER done that before.
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cardiologist gushed about my weightloss, my BP was low and the cardiologist talked about taking me off the calcium blocker in 6 months if I continue to lose!
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Mine sounds contraindicatory to MFP but I ate a sausage roll today without guilt. This is after years of low calorie diets and a stuffed up metabolisim. I put in all my planned meals for the day and I was going to be down in calories and macros. I'm stuck at work and I was hungry mid-morning and had limited choices so I put a sausage roll into the calculator and it fitted easily. I ate it without guilt and really enjoyed it. Nor do I now think "hey well if I ate that I might as well eat what I want for the rest of the day"

So my NSV is a new healthy mental attitude to food.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    I hiked to the top of Camelback Moutain and thought to myself I could have never done it at my previous weight.
    :smile:
  • alsuna
    alsuna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of my butt for the progress photos, and I can't stop looking at it anymore. Amazing, I was never this happy with what I saw, especially given the fact, that I did only drop about 2 lbs. First time it realized its not about the scale all the time!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch:
    Most of my clothes are too big
    My wedding rings fit on my middle finger
    People make funny noises out of their car windows when I run
    My children are proud of me.

Best ones may have nothing to do with my hard work but I'll take them:)

I can lift things
    I don't hurt
    I can do functional things with my arm
    And I feel awesome when I exercise!
  • misskate1987
    Options
    Over the weekend my best friend (who knows how hard I've been trying) telling me how great I was looking.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My leg felt strange to the touch today when I was doing my leg presses, and then I realized I was feeling my quads - :noway:! That might not sound like much to others, but I've been a weakling all my life, and there are certain muscles I just didn't know you could feel, you know what I mean? :smile:. This has been a recent phenomenon for me. I discovered my triceps last week and I can't seem to stop touching them (even though they are still itty bitty and hiding under some fat -- I will make 'em show one day!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!