Replies

• yokosuka324
    yokosuka324 Posts: 24
    Options
    Not sure if this a troll thread but:

track every day
    hit macros
    eat whenever you want

and no you didn't gain 3.5lbs of muscle in 9 days.

^^ This
    First of all you cant expect to lose weight over night.
    Second of all, your eating is not even close to being healthy.
    Third of all, rule is always the same. Spend more calories than what you are eating.
    Log everying, stop eating out all the time, reduce sodium, eat smaller meals and more aften to keep your metabolism up and running, make sure your sugar level is steady throughout the day so you dont get cravings, drink planty of water, and exercise. Figure out what your calorie intake should be and stick to it and you will lose weight eventually.

As I stated, I am prior military so I know weight is not lost over night. I posted to find out what exactly I was doing wrong and have found out some very helpful information. My eating is far healthier than what it has been. I know that if I turn my diet 180 then I will yo-yo so I'm slowly curbing it.
  • yokosuka324
    Options
    bioimpedance devices are notoriously inaccurate because of hydration changes e.g. I tested then drank 1L of water and my BF% went up 2%.

Take pics/measurements

Thanks! I was thinking of doing that actually. What do you think of calipers?
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    Figure out what types of foods your body-type needs. Also check with your doctor to ensure that you are on the right plan.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    bioimpedance devices are notoriously inaccurate because of hydration changes e.g. I tested then drank 1L of water and my BF% went up 2%.

Take pics/measurements

I much prefer calipers (even the cheap ones). I don't think the %'s actually match up a lot of the time but tracking changes in mm is much more beneficial IMO.
  • yokosuka324
    Options

Take pics/measurements

I much prefer calipers (even the cheap ones). I don't think the %'s actually match up a lot of the time but tracking changes in mm is much more beneficial IMO.

I was thinking of getting calipers ever since the handheld BMI calculator told me I was 20% T_T I don't know what to believe anymore
  • janinealfke
    janinealfke Posts: 93
    Options
    Hi,

Weight loss is different for me, because I have had RNY Gastric bypass, HOWEVER...that said...when I plateau I have to change things up because my body has become accustomed to what I am eating and how I am moving.....I have to increase calories for a few days, but keep within the healthy range, and then I drop back down...and increase exercise...

When we exercise, we actually need more calories, because you are burning off what you have eaten...My suggestion is eat low fat, and low carb...count carbs and try to keep them under 100g a day...( I have to eat 30g a day in carbs or less) Keep your fat grams under 35g daily...(I keep mine under 25g a day)....eat plenty of fruits and veggies, make sure to get your 64 oz of water in daily..Water helps to metabolize our food, and helps us lose, surgery or not....I hope this helps you. Best of luck!!

Janine Alfke
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u need to be doing like 60 minutes cardio daily not just strength training

and u havent said anything about the calories d u eat.. how much u weih , height,///////////////
  • yokosuka324
    Options

and u havent said anything about the calories d u eat.. how much u weih , height,///////////////

I mostly do cardio actually. I do 50 mins of spinning Monday-Thursday and 30mins to 1hr of weight training Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. The pic I posted says my weight and height, but I am 5'7" and currently weigh 145 I think
  • yokosuka324
    Options
    Hi,

Weight loss is different for me, because I have had RNY Gastric bypass, HOWEVER...that said...when I plateau I have to change things up because my body has become accustomed to what I am eating and how I am moving.....I have to increase calories for a few days, but keep within the healthy range, and then I drop back down...and increase exercise...

When we exercise, we actually need more calories, because you are burning off what you have eaten...My suggestion is eat low fat, and low carb...count carbs and try to keep them under 100g a day...( I have to eat 30g a day in carbs or less) Keep your fat grams under 35g daily...(I keep mine under 25g a day)....eat plenty of fruits and veggies, make sure to get your 64 oz of water in daily..Water helps to metabolize our food, and helps us lose, surgery or not....I hope this helps you. Best of luck!!

Janine Alfke

Thanks for the advice! I definitely need to cut down on carbs since that's pretty much my go-to when I'm in a rush. Pasta and breads are my quick picks. I've changed from white to whole wheat, but should probably cut it down altogether
  • chrisdavey
    Options

:laugh:

From the tanita scan, you appear to already be in the healthy weight range for your height. If you just want to "tone" up take a look at this. http://cdnutritionandfitness.com/but-i-just-want-to-tone-up/
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of cardio a day sounds like total hell. A good balance of cardio 3x a week and resistance 3x a week and a rest day along with proper diet will lean you out and "tone" you up. I walk every day for my job but I don't count it as dedicated cardio... I guess I could do 60 minutes a day if you count walking.
  • yokosuka324
    Options
    60 minutes of cardio a day sounds like total hell. A good balance of cardio 3x a week and resistance 3x a week and a rest day along with proper diet will lean you out and "tone" you up. I walk every day for my job but I don't count it as dedicated cardio... I guess I could do 60 minutes a day if you count walking.

My spinning class is 50 mins 4 days a week and that's enjoyable enough. I do spinning and strength on the same days SUnday, Tuesday and Thursday so it's not too bad. So from all this I've gathered I just need to tweak my diet. I type this as I chow down on a grilled chicken breast at 12:50am ^_^ Heaven
  • yokosuka324
    Options

From the tanita scan, you appear to already be in the healthy weight range for your height. If you just want to "tone" up take a look at this. http://cdnutritionandfitness.com/but-i-just-want-to-tone-up/

Wow that was super helpful! I'll definitely go by it because it's exactly what I want. Thanks a ton!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

You don't need cardio to lose weight.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

Wow that was super helpful! I'll definitely go by it because it's exactly what I want. Thanks a ton!

No problem :smile:
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

you give the worst advice....