Asked to be in a wedding in a month. I'm the only fat one.

Options
2»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Learn to love yourself JUST AS YOU ARE right now.

Try not to worry about what everyone else looks like. Just wear the dress that you're supposed to, and let the hair and makeup fairies work their magic.

Then, stand up straight. Be confident. Even if you're not confident, just pretend like you are.

Worry about losing the weight after the event. Prior to the event. work with what you've got and be the gorgeous person that you are.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Being larger doesn't mean you won't look beautiful! :)
  • mkyle1988
    mkyle1988 Posts: 19
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. Just understand this....stay on your regiment, and stay away from the pesky sugar, and you'll see results more quickly than you can imagine. You will soon look back on the wedding photos and realize that USED to be you.

Good luck.
  • toyota
    toyota Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am going to be in a wedding in 4 months. I too want to lose some weight by then. I am the Groom's Mom. And me & the Bride's Mom will be walking down the isle together to light candles & be seated. She is slim, I am 229 lbs. I am going to try to lose some weight.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Don't stress this. You're not going to lose more than a couple of pounds or so in such a short time, and if they asked you, they wanted you, so either refuse or go as you are.