How often are you changing your clothes size?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    How often are you changing your clothes size?

I too have stopped updating my ticker >> Too triggering for some. :)

@Lingerie and Workout Wear. I'm finding that I HAVE TO replace my lingerie sets and some workout wear once every month now. When I'd started, I had to purchase new sets of lingerie for casual, dressy and workout every 2 weeks. Ridiculous!! I was shrinking and well, they were unsuitable - fit funny. lol

@Clothing. Initially I thought to use what I already had(from my skinny days) and just purchase a new set of clothes later, once I was done. Well that changed. Now, I'm having to take in my UK6's ... Completed that task over Memorial Day Weekend!

When I'm done > MAJOR shopping Spree. :)
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    The first 55 lbs i only lost 2 sizes, the last 25 lbs (sins feb. 1st) I lost a whopping 3 sizes :laugh:

WOW! That is good to know though as I just feel like I'm losing weight and it's not showing at all. People say they can tell but I just don't see it yet.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (168) I was about a 14-16 I think. I am currently between a 5- 8 depending on the brand at 137 pounds. Usually closer to a 6 or so.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5 9" and down 40pounds. My size 19 pants were getting to baggy, so last week I tried n my larger size 12s and they fit. I have kept most of my skin y clothes.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I barely have to buy new clothes, it's pretty sad. :S I don't know why. I've been at this for a year and a half and I'm 144 pounds, and have gone from a horribly tight 14 to a comfortable 10. I've lost 56 pounds.
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Aye yi yi I normally buy my jeans on swaps. Walmart had a pair of jeans on sale for $6 and im like ok....i know i wont be in this size until maybe few months nope totally fit lol 5 jeans sizes down from January 14th to now i'm losing it all in my waist and stomach but my thighs aren't as much.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well since Jan 1st, 2013 I have lost 25 lbs I went from a size 12 to an 8 in 5 months time and I still have 16 left to lose so I can just imagine what will happen. When I was my goal weight before my children and marriage and what not 105-110 I was a size 2 or 4 and before my children at 120 I was a size 6 so who knows whats next. After losing 6lbs I will have to see what size I wear.Id love to be a size 6 again ;)
  • mkyle1988
    mkyle1988 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've lost 126 pounds to date. Changed pants sizes from 48 to 34. It may suck to keep spending money on new clothes, but I'll gladly pay for compliments any day haha.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Not often enough! I look forward to dropping sizes, but it's not happening. However, it is partly my fault. I was originally size 7-9, and started to gain weight in college. i refused to buy bigger clothes and managed to stay in my oxygen-depleting size 9 jeans. At one point my jeans wore out and had to get new ones, size 11 this time. I am sure those were not my size either, I was probably more like a 14...but refused to buy that. So... 30 lbs lighter after my highest weight, I am still wearing size 9-11, but they fit better and I can actually breath! I am looking to be size 7. I am sure I need to drop 25 more lbs to be there. So my point is that sometimes we don't see a drastic change in size as we lose weight, because we refused to change sizes as we gained weight, even though it was necessary.
  • HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 sizes so far. And let me tell you, getting a few new clothes can be really motivating. So, if you can afford a couple new shirts and a pair of jeans, DO IT! :smile:
  • nika_bolinhos
    Options
    I am down a few sizes by now, when I started I was between 18 and 20 UK size, now I'm a size 12. It's a wonderful feeling to be able to get a dress size 12, sometimes I have to get a 14 but that is for places that the clothes are usually smaller, I can even fit in a 10 if I go to Pepperberry. My goal size is a perfect 10, so I'm trying not to get many things before getting there, It's not long now.
    I am from Brazil and last time I went to visit my mum was in horror with my size, so she took me shopping but bought only things that wouldn't fit me for motivation, so all I had that still fitted me comfortably was 1 pair of jeans and some old t-shirts, I thought it was a bit harsh of her at the time, but thanks to her I have clothes I can wear without looking too much like a sac of potatoes. I am aiming to go for some shopping as soon as get to my size 10.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I've lost 35 pounds in 6 months and went from a size 12/14 to a size 4 (still not done, but close!). I bought a couple of shirts and pairs of pants when I reached a size 8. Because of the season change here, I bought some warmer weather clothing (just a few things) when I reached a size 4. I still wear many of the shirts I had from when I was bigger. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll ditch the bigger clothes and just buy a new wardrobe. Can't wait!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was 208 and starting to really fill an XL t-shirt,(belly button Showing thru) and stretching out an 38 pair of jeans like a stuffed sausage. overflowing at the top. (my slacks are really 42 inch, Now it's 4 month and I've lost 30lbs and starting to stretch out a size medium t-shirt at the chest and shoulder, and free flowing around the belly area, and starting to tightly fit in a size 34 jeans.

It's very gratifying!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've gone from an 18 womens to now 12 misses. In the beginning As my pants would get bigger, I would put hems in them and/or safety pin the waist, but now 99% of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores, I can't afford to go out and buy a new wardrobe every time I drop a size. I've found so much great designer stuff at the thrift stores, don't know if I'll ever start shopping in the regular stores again.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You know what's crazy? 120 lbs & I'm still wearing the same underwear! Not bras, those have been replaced twice but panties yes. They're those microfiber stretchy ones. They are big & saggy a bit but I'm holding out until goal. Then I plan to walk into Victoria's Secret & drop a bunch of money on all new panties. A bit weird but its kinda my reward to look forward to lol!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I quit buying clothes... if they don't fit right, I wear a belt! LOL... I'm tired of wasting cash on pants... tops however, they still fit :)

Bras - omg... thank GOD I bought new ones, I have no boobs left hahaha!!!

I'd rather take less boobage then more fat though ;)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Not often enough lately. But I've gone from a 3X to a 14 in just over a year.
  • digitaljdr
    digitaljdr Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Clothing exchanges and deal hunting are my best friends.

I have dropped from 60 to 44 sizes in pants, and from 6XL shirts to 2XL (I went kind of crazy at 3XL so now I have all these big shirts).

But yeah, it gets expensive so be wise.
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I only buy new clothes when I absolutely have to, to save money. If not, it can get so expensive!

I sometimes will also supplement with thrift store finds for pants and such just to get me by!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've only bought new clothes once so far. My pants are getting too big on me, and I think I'm scared to go to the next size down shirt.. it's a mental thing, I think!

I started at a size 16 pants (mind you, I had a whole bunch of smaller jeans in the back of my closet) .. right now I'm in a baggy size 11 (but to me, these seem like vanity sizing, I was an 11 when I met my hubby 10 years ago and 10 lbs lighter - and I hadn't had 2 kids at that point).. BUT it's still an 11

My tops went from an XL/1X plus size and I'm in a Large right now. I may be able to go down to a medium, but I'm scared I'll look like a stuffed sausage and then I'll feel the way I did before I started losing, and I promised myself I'd never feel that way again.

I'd love to spend a fortune on nice, cute clothes, but it's not financially smart as I'm still losing. Glad it's summer though, I WILL go out and buy some nice skirts and dresses though, I'm pretty excited for that! hahah

Strangely, my underwear are still the same size. I must have been stuffing myself into them before :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!