Smelly guy at the gym

Options

Replies

• Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I worked with someone who had terrible BO. I mean terrible and it was actually caused by a medical condition he had. It was a big issue at work and caused a lot of problems.

I would talk to someone at the gym and express your concerns about it.
  • MistieWalters
    Options
    Perhaps ask him nicely if he also smells an overly strong odor and if he knew where it was coming from? Play it off be like "It isn't me is it??" :) Thats what I do.

What if his breath smell worse or he thinks she is kidding around with him as a way to flirt. :P

Then make sure to say it in a paranoid, OH MY GOD kind of tone so there is no flirting misunderstandings lolol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Tough one sometimes. You could always fart and drive him away.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If its exceptionally awful I word say it to his face, standing around saying "omgz it stinks!" Is cruel. Going to the gym and complaining seems cowardly and cruel when you could approach the person and let then know. Then if they continue to stink and get offenses with you pointing it out go to the gym. But that's me, not everyone is as sensitive as I am ;)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    This could be a medical condition.
    Ppl can have surgery to remove their sweat glands actually.

people with medical conditions need to avoid the gym babes

Did you really just say that?
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every gym has spray bottles of disinfectant.

Next time he's benching - sneak attack!
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    We+all+know+that+feel+_99d9b29f8d2dda5c639e574e18346c9d.jpg

tumblr_mit00xzPD31rg89a6o1_400.gif
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Talk to staff at the gym..Thats what they are there for...Worst thing i have seen was a lady in front of me doing lat pulldowns with hairy armpits..freaking longer than mine...I just busted out laughing after yelling WTF
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    just go up to him and be like "boy you stank!"
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This is what I tell my students before our first couple of bus trips each year... putting body spray on over body odor is just adding stank to stank... Please shower before you get on our bus... Yup, I really DO go there... Does seem to help.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I don't know why, but my first thought when reading the title was Pheobe from Friends. "Smelly guy, smelly guy, why are you so smellyyyyy?"
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you talk to him, be ready for him to be allergic to antiperspirant, ideologically opposed to antiperspirant, or convinced that it's going to give him either Alzheimer's, cancer, or both.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My old hockey coach used to call that the sweeeeeeeeeet smell of success lulz

stay safe op
  • clairparent1
    Options
    It happens, I think sometimes people forget that deodorant helps when working out, but then again if you sweat enough it's going to wear off. I would just talk to him, not meanly but let him know.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Write him a note that says "you smell like dog buns"
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    meh!
    i worked on a film once and we had a smelly guy. like people were gagging because he smelt so bad. someone addressed him directly and he said that he didn't like the chemicals in deodorant.. etc.. so they told him about all natural products. he got PISSED & it didn't fix the problem..

stalk him and find out if he uses a locked! then put a little travel deodorant in it!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    It happens, I think sometimes people forget that deodorant helps when working out, but then again if you sweat enough it's going to wear off. I would just talk to him, not meanly but let him know.

there's a big difference between the smell of fresh sweat and the smell of haven't taken a shower and/or washed these clothes for a while. also, the smell of BO and unwashed clothes is different

maybe this guy wears the same workout clothes every time he works out, and keeps them in a gym bag between workouts and doesn't wash them. It might be a laundry problem rather than a shower problem.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    We had a guy at work at this investment consulting shop, and he smelled so bad it was impossible to smell so bad; then they put him and the prettiest woman at work in the same office. It was so excruciating to walk past their door every day.

lol made me laugh. Would hate to be "the prettiest girl"! For sure.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Talk to staff at the gym..Thats what they are there for...Worst thing i have seen was a lady in front of me doing lat pulldowns with hairy armpits..freaking longer than mine...I just busted out laughing after yelling WTF

LOL haha I laughed so hard when I saw, "yelling WTF" haha
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

there's a big difference between the smell of fresh sweat and the smell of haven't taken a shower and/or washed these clothes for a while. also, the smell of BO and unwashed clothes is different

That's what the people who don't approve of antiperspirant say, and it's true, but fresh sweat can reek too.