Mio water enhancer and Mio energy

Options
I have cut back to almost no soft drinks (I don't drink coffee so I do drink a coke zero every so often to get a caffeine buzz if I need it) and pretty much just use this to make sweet tea. It has no calories and no caffeine, two big pluses. I was just wondering if anyone else drinks it and your thoughts....

Replies

• rumplesnat
    Options
    It's just *okay* IMO. I like the tangerine the best. Grape is meh. Lemonade is gross.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I do use Mio and other non-calorie or very low calories water additives. I too rarely drink my soda anymore except as a treat as calories allow. I don't do diet soda due to the artificial sweetners. And, yes these no calorie additives probably have artificial sweetners too but I only use them when I can't take plain water any longer and need some sweetness(maybe once or twice a week). I like them and they help me drink the water vs soda.

Walmart has their version and the watermelon stawberry is fabulous.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I did no caffeine for a while. It was awesome honestly. Felt freshed, chillded, and easy going.

I liked the red mio energy.. Their other flavors never stood as great flavors.
  • keshiabug1
    Options
    I use Mio and Dasani Drops regularly. I also use the off brand of Mio occasionaly too... (Clover Valley)
    I have found them WONDERFUL for helping to satisfy my sweet tooth. :) I honestly feel like 2 drops of artificial whatever is MUCH better than a whole bottle of soda... so if it works for you, do it. Of course plain water would be better than any of it, but if you are like me, you need variety.

I use:
    Mio- mango peach
    Dasani- Pineapple Coconut
    Clover Valley- Cherry Limeade ENERGY
    Clover Valley- Strawberry Watermelon REPLENISH

Might I add, I use all four of them every single day. lol. They are all in eyes view as I speak. Helps me resist the temptation of hitting the drink machine while at work!
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I add the Fruit Punch one to Tea so I get caffeine and no calories. :wink:
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I like it. Especially at night if other are having a "drink." It makes me feel like I'm splurging...but I'm not drinking my calories.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I drink it. I just had some Orange Tangerine an hour ago. That is my favorite one.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time, but it started giving me headaches. That was filling up my 100oz Big Gulp with it though, so I wouldnt be dumb like me and use a lot.
  • countrygirl68
    countrygirl68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love The grape flavor enhancers from any of the brands including walmart brand or dasani. Yum.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have the Mio black cherry in my purse!
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love it! My fave is the Dasani Pineapple Coconut (YUMMY!!)
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Mango Peach is so yummy!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I use it ALL the time (and HEAVILY flavour my water).
    My faves are Fruit Punch and Strawberry something.
    I just tried the blue electrolyte one and it's pretty gross.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I was into it for a while and liked the flavors but found that it upset my stomach pretty badly after a week or two of use (not drinking it straight and not drinking a whole canister per day or anything crazy like that). As soon as I discontinued using it, the problem stopped. YMMV
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I was into it for a while and liked the flavors but found that it upset my stomach pretty badly after a week or two of use (not drinking it straight and not drinking a whole canister per day or anything crazy like that). As soon as I discontinued using it, the problem stopped. YMMV

hmmm....I've been having bellyache issues lately...wonder if that could be my problem...not gonna have any for the next couple days and will see if it helps..never woulda thought of mio as being the problem...thanks!
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I used to drink them but after doing some research on the red dye (red 40) that was contained in the flavors I was drinking, I stopped. My headaches stopped around the same time.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mio energy black cherry is DELISH
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Tried it. Tasty but the ingredients list scares me :(
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I didn't like Mio at all, any flavor is just... weird to me. I do like the Kroger brand Berry Pomegranate water 'enhancer'. I only use it when I do my 9+ miles walks every other night, it has b3 b6 and b12 vitamins in it for energy supposedly but it just tastes good. I don't drink it during the day or for no reason, those artificial sweeteners are things I try to avoid in high doses, moderate sure, but not all day everyday.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I use mio to give me a boost on a sluggish day... especially if its a day I needed to work out but just couldn't get motivated... I think they taste great, and it always does the trick :)