NSVs anyone??

Options

Replies

• BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Lasr week my Dr took me off of my high b.p. meds :):)
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My elastic waist leggings i use for Zumba wouldn't stay up where they should, they kept falling below my belly and I'd have to stop and pull them back up :-)
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations All of you!! I am impressed!!

Now at the risk of sounding novice (ok so maybe I am), what does NSV stand for?
    I can gather that it's positve and noticeable and marks a milestone in your progress.
    Kudos, again to all of you!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My first is that even though I have only lost 11 lbs, I did measurement on 7 places and found I had lost 11 inches!!! The second was on Sat, at a wedding, my sister said "You are looking SO good!" And when I have such a long way to go, it really helped me stay motivated over the long weekend!!!!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I can gather that it's positve and noticeable and marks a milestone in your progress.
    Non Scale Victory
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of shorts that were tight less than a week ago and now I'm going to have to use a belt to wear them comfortably. I was in a change room today and I saw my back in a mirror and I could actually see my scapula (sp?) on both sides.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I bared my midriff. :)
    And my confidence has been surging a lot lately. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how I'm looking great and look sexy and happy etc.
    Feels great
  • mkyle1988
    mkyle1988 Posts: 19
    Options
    One of my friends I haven't seen in years walked right past me until I grabbed his attention. He didn't even recognize me. Haha. He was very proud.
  • bonelessskinless
    Options
    My go-to pair of jeans and belt won't stay up. Gonna have to go shopping soon.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It has been a full year since starting my weight loss journey. Last summer, I attempted to get up a massive sand hill. I had to crawl, my legs were burning so bad, my lungs were going to explode (they also hurt for the rest of the day) and it took about 30-45 mins to recover.

I decided that for my 1 year - I was going to climb up the sand hill again. I completed this milestone today and it was INCREDIBLE of the differences. I actually stayed on my feet this time, my recovery time was about 10 mins, and my lungs did not hurt past the recovery time. Today, there happened to be massive rain clouds coming over the city, but regardless of my fear of thunderstorms - i climbed up the hill anyway. When me and my SO got there, there had been a tree that had fallen right over the path up the hill. Despite that - i still went up the hill and just climbed over the stump. My boyfriend also took pictures, which I have always had a fear of (camera shy).

Today was simply amazing and full of NSVS. :) This is what its all about.
  • nnancykeeling
    Options
    On Monday I went to the water park with my family and I actually went on the slides with the kids! I hadn't been before because of my weight, and this was one of the best days of my life! :smile:
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I broke the upper part of my arm and fractured my tailbone while snowboarding back in January of this year and even walking was torturous... Well tonight although I'm still in a cast I was able to finally do a fast walk with spurts of jogging!! I finally got to use the HRM I had gotten for Christmas a couple weeks previous.. I seriously almost cried cried because I was sooooo happy =) I know I'll be sore tomorrow but right now I don't care.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    No more cankles! :smile:
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victory

Thank you!
  • csand11
    csand11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had my first NSV, a coworker stopped me in the hall and said "wow, you've lost weight". Then this morning I had my second NSV. I got up this morning and put on my "suck 'me in" panties and they didn't work. They were too big!!!
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    My exercise tights can't stay up anymore. I need to buy new ones.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Today I was feeling unmotivated to go on my morning walk but did it anyway, then I felt unmotivated to do 30 DS but I did it anyway. I also took a set of progress pictures today and measured myself today. I can see a difference in my photos and I've evicted several inches from my body since starting.
  • tphil58
    tphil58 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great stories everyone. I got a new pair of jeans at Christmas and couldn't quite button them. Tried again in March but no go...Guess what? I am wearing them now and they are even a little loose!!!
  • MMFernaays
    MMFernaays Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Two NSV's for me this week:

1: Running tights/skirt....turns out there to big ...had to run the remaining distance holding them up! (#RWRUNSTREAK)

2: Sounds cheesy I know, but I can now do 10 full push ups..."Look Mom, No Knees!" When I started 30DS...I could maybe do one full pushup!

Kudos to everyone on their NSV's!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Three for me this week:

1. Spinning for 3 60 minute sessions
    2. Calf Raises at 2x my body weight
    3. Linear Hack Press within ten pounds of my body weight.

Woohoo! More strength for cycling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!