How easy is it for an already slim girl to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    So I'm 5'9 and 56 kg. (123 pounds) I want to get down to 53 kg by end of June. Is this possible?
    How can I go about this? I feel like I've hit this plateau and I just fluctuate between 55-56 kg. I reeeally want to push through and lose the remaining fat around my butt and thighs for the summer!
    I hear it's harder for already slim girls to lose even more weight? I just don't want to starve :( I feel like no matter how hard I work out, I'm still at this plateau...

123 pounds is really little babe especially at 5"9. I am 69 @ 6ft and that is considered just average. It sounds like you carry most of your weight on the lower haldf of your body yes? Therefore I would suggest weight training, more protein and reduce the cardio.

Hope this helps :)

p.s. muscle weighs more than fat so if you increased it to even 57/58 kilos you will feel tremendous and most importantly more toned :):):):)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor! You can get much better advice on what your ideal weight is, based on your bone structure and body composition, from someone with medical expertise. You're already underweight by the BMI chart, so generic advice isn't a good idea.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A slight calorie deficit and exercise.
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't start out trying to lose weight. I've been lifting heavy, doing a moderate (20-30 min 3x week) amount of cardio, and eating at maintenance for about three months now. I weigh exactly the same as when I started but I've changed my body composition and it's made a big difference.
  • tjthegreatone
    tjthegreatone Posts: 324
    Options
    So I'm 5'9 and 56 kg. (123 pounds) I want to get down to 53 kg by end of June. Is this possible?
    How can I go about this? I feel like I've hit this plateau and I just fluctuate between 55-56 kg. I reeeally want to push through and lose the remaining fat around my butt and thighs for the summer!
    I hear it's harder for already slim girls to lose even more weight? I just don't want to starve :( I feel like no matter how hard I work out, I'm still at this plateau...

Way too slim already if you ask me, unless you have an extremely small/light frame. If you don't like the way you look, try doing some strength training.

I'm exactly your height and my quality of life improved significantly when I stopped obsessing about the scale and started working on strength training and 'body recomposition'. We're all different, but squats at heavy weights and some good cardio (running, spin classes) have done wonders for my thighs (they may or may not be bigger, dunno, don't care, but there's no excess fat hanging around and that's the main thing).

I read something true on these forums...when people see you, they don't see your scale weight. They see roughly your body fat composition/dress size - so if that is your aim, as it is for the vast majority of us - work on that.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If your avatar is you, you seriously need psychiatric help. You're underweight and your supposed "huge muscular thighs" are non-existent. Please seek the help of a therapist because it is apparent to me that you MIGHT have body dysmorphic disorder.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't start out trying to lose weight. I've been lifting heavy, doing a moderate (20-30 min 3x week) amount of cardio, and eating at maintenance for about three months now. I weigh exactly the same as when I started but I've changed my body composition and it's made a big difference.

This is me ^^.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    If your avatar is you, you seriously need psychiatric help. You're underweight and your supposed "huge muscular thighs" are non-existent. Please seek the help of a therapist because it is apparent to me that you MIGHT have body dysmorphic disorder.

Yep, she just uploaded it.

Are you kidding me right now??? I agree with this poster; help now or regret later!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    It is really hard. Read around on the body builder sections about how to get down to very low body fat percentages. You have do stuff like eat on a timed schedule, plan your workouts down to the minute, make sure you are getting enough rest, time protein intake, manage calories very closely.

And it will take something like 8-12 weeks to get down to unnaturally low body fat percentages. After all that hard work, it is impossible to stay that way for more than a week or two before you begin to do some serious damage to your internal organ, including brain damage.

It is also very expensive, as you need to spend a ton of time in the gym and taking specialty supplements so that your body has the perfect balance of nutrients.

If it is just a single problem area you are concerned about, at your size liposuction is very successful at reshaping the body. You may just consider saving up and going under the knife, as it will be a permanent solution to your figure concerns.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to attract Martians? You need some muscle definition. Luckily you dont need to lose any weight before you start a gaining phase.

srs. WTF kinda look are you going for? Its not attractive to probably like 80%+ of men.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Don't lose anymore weight. If you are unhappy with your body, reshape it through weight lifting and eat at maintenance.

This.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Why have you posted the same question twice?

I'll say it again, you need to eat a damn good meal..you are too thin and have a bad image of how you look in the mirror.
  • PepperWorm
    Options
    It is really hard. Read around on the body builder sections about how to get down to very low body fat percentages. You have do stuff like eat on a timed schedule, plan your workouts down to the minute, make sure you are getting enough rest, time protein intake, manage calories very closely.

And it will take something like 8-12 weeks to get down to unnaturally low body fat percentages. After all that hard work, it is impossible to stay that way for more than a week or two before you begin to do some serious damage to your internal organ, including brain damage.

It is also very expensive, as you need to spend a ton of time in the gym and taking specialty supplements so that your body has the perfect balance of nutrients.

If it is just a single problem area you are concerned about, at your size liposuction is very successful at reshaping the body. You may just consider saving up and going under the knife, as it will be a permanent solution to your figure concerns.

Not to be rude, but did you read ANYTHING or look at the OP?

You did not just suggest lipo on a weight loss forum in all seriousness, did you? Please say no.
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options

You did not just suggest lipo on a weight loss forum in all seriousness, did you? Please say no.

I think the entire post was meant to be sarcastic.
  • PepperWorm
    Options

*phew* I read too far into it. It's 3 AM and I need to sleep now.

Kbai.
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's alright - I had to read it several times.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    *Look at OP's profile pic, shakes head at thread :noway: *

Please honey. You already look too thin in my humble opinion, it's to a point that I personally don't find it attractive and I'm not sure if many other men would either.

I'd focus on reshaping your body through eating healthy and lifting weights. Unfortunately I don't think you will agree because you are determined to be skin and bones, and I don't think you are looking to be toned..:frown:
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    in my opinion I think the OP is:-
    a) attention seeking
    b) enjoying all the attention
    c) will continue to seek attention by posting other controversial subjects just for the heck of it and because she enjoys the attention.

I will wait, watch and take note :-)
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What has you wanting to be so ultra thin? I'm sure you're beautiful and have no reason to feel this way.

That was my question when i first read this. Why do you want to lose weight? What are your goals?
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    [A bunch of bad advice]

even so, people with eating disorders will look at this and run with the advice, ignoring the sentiment it was posted with.

It's pretty irresponsible to say these sorts of things to someone exhibiting anorexic thoughts and behaviours such as the OP