Here to lose 20 lbs.

Options
Hi. I joined today and I'm excited to start keeping REAL information on what I eat. I've been exercising for a year now and I'm stuck at 200 lbs. I can see already that the hardest part of this system will be entering the nutritional information for all of the homemade foods I eat. I look forward to getting to know some of you during our adventure in nutritional awareness!

Matt

Replies

• smithwales1
    smithwales1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I joined today and I'm excited to start keeping REAL information on what I eat. I've been exercising for a year now and I'm stuck at 200 lbs. I can see already that the hardest part of this system will be entering the nutritional information for all of the homemade foods I eat. I look forward to getting to know some of you during our adventure in nutritional awareness!

Matt
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Welcome, I have read in some posts that if you go to "sparkpeople" they have a recipe calculator so you just punch in what's in your recipe and it calculates the calories for you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have read in some posts that if you go to "sparkpeople" they have a recipe calculator so you just punch in what's in your recipe and it calculates the calories for you.

smithwales, here's the link.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

deanea - #2 kitty??
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

smithwales, here's the link.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

deanea - #2 kitty??

:happy: ....yes....NO. 2, my precious well behaved one of the bunch.
  • shaker
    Options
    Hi Matt
    Welcome to the site,
    I found this site almost 5 weeks ago, during a search to find some way of monitoring what I was eating and how many calories I was consuming!,
    I was frustrated with my post Canadian Thanksgiving weight! of 215lbs!!!! I'm not one for major exercise, and I definately have a weakness for good micro brewed beer, so I knew I had my work cut out for me.
    That being said, I started almost 5 weeks ago at 210lbs and with what to me seems surprisingly, very little effort I have dropped to 194lbs as of today. this success I attribute to just being aware of what I was consuming, and making the required reductions. this site's data base and ease of use has made it easy and fun, of course i did have to start reducing all the extras: as in dinner portions and giant platters of nachos with xtra cheese!!!!!!! but the sacrifice has been worth it. I do also walk about 5 km's a day to and from work..
    anyway all the best on your quest, this site is an excellent tool for monitoring and being aware of your progress,
    cheers Wayne
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    Hello Mat
    My name is Betty I have 20 + to lose you know those little suckers just love to hung on LOL
    maybe we can try together help each other find information on recipes etc.
    well have to go good luck
    betty
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt, glad to have you on board, I've been here since the end of Aug and it is an awesome site. There are so many people to talk to if you need it and I wish you luck with your weightloss.:smile: ~Karen
  • smithwales1
    smithwales1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goodness what a great support group you all are! I can agree with you, Shaker, that I also enjoy the microbrews and will be looking elsewhere to cut my caloric intake. I'm on the road 3 or 4 nights a week and I like the social aspect of it. That's amazing how fast you've lost the weight. I'll check out that sparkpeople website and see if I can transfer the nutritional info to this site. Thank you Betty and Karen for your support. I'm excited to hear your success stories! Matt