Upset, tired, and disappointed

Options
I have started my journey on May 11 2013. I was excited and ready to go. :bigsmile: I knew I was going to do this right with no stopping. I lost 7 lbs and 10 days and I was excited so I started going to the gym more often. Well, it’s started on May 24 2013 I was stuck at 183.4.ok cool I am fine…..:huh: Now it is May 30 and I am still stuck at 183.4 I started Julian shredded in 30 days last night. I keep track of my weight but my sugar and protein always in the negative, no matter what I eate
.:huh: .My body is sore and I want to cry. I was on a streak....What happened...? If anyone out there can help me please do thank you all.......:brokenheart:

Replies

• Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself. Really. Weight loss goes like that with plateaus. I weigh myself maybe every couple of months and judge how I'm doing by how my clothes fit. Checking the scale every few days would just drive me crazy.

Keep on doing what you're doing because it's good for your body and your health.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks is only water weight that we lose. Now, before you totally give up, this whole thing is about getting healthy (or it should be). Make that your focus. Weigh and measure ALL your food (we tend to overestimate this a lot). Also as far as exercise - find something that you enjoy - not something you think will make you lose. That is the key to sticking with it.

I've been doing this for a year. I really thought that I would be "through" by now. After the first few months, my focus shifted to improving my health. That is what made the difference. I run, I lift heavy, I eat healthy. I eat enough to fuel my body for my workouts and day to day living. Now I know that it's all about having patience and being consistent. You have to WANT to get up and do this every day. Your plan has to be a plan that your body will cooperate with for the long haul.

Shift your focus. Do this to be healthy and it will work. Good luck!
  • KeyoriNyte
    KeyoriNyte Posts: 13
    Options
    lol....my husband saw me on the scale and threw it out side....... I will stay oof the scalle for a month to see my progression... thank you i am following this advice:happy:
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You're barely getting started and you're already discouraged? After only 2 1/2, almost 3 weeks? Time to change your mindset.

Like beachlover317 said focus on improving your health. And like Athena 53 said, stop weighing yourself so often. I don't think weighing daily is bad per se, but if it is going to upset you to not see a loss every day, then stop.

As long as you know your calorie goals and exercise are on track, the weight will come off. But it is going to take time. Be patient, stick with it.

Edit for grammar.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    lol....my husband saw me on the scale and threw it out side....... I will stay oof the scalle for a month to see my progression... thank you i am following this advice:happy:

:laugh: Hope he didn't break it. Too funny.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The scale is not always our friend. Start measuring your body and take pictures.... With the type of workouts you are doing, you will see a difference through the measurements and photos most likely faster than by scales!

Don't get upset, you are doing great!
  • KeyoriNyte
    KeyoriNyte Posts: 13
    Options
    I want to :sad: because everyone here is amazing!!!!!!! I love the support and I will continue my journey....THANK YOU ALL
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing. I have been the same weight for 6 weeks or a little more. Yeah it's frustrating. Yeah it's annoying. But I am continuing to eat healthy and am working my body more than I ever have. So something good has got to happen : ) eating healthy and being active isn't temporary it's a lifestyle. So get to it : )
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    If you eat less and exercise more, you will lose weight, especially if you are eating at a deficit below your maintenance level. I have started weighing myself only once every two weeks because of all the fluctuations.
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    anyone touches my scales ill chop their hands off!!! lol

dont give up :)
  • kathyawt
    kathyawt Posts: 1
    Options
    I too got very frustrated when the scale didn't reflect the amount of work I was putting in at the gym. What my trainer told me was that I was changing my body composition - building muscle, which weighs more than the fat did. It was frustrating, but I knew my body was changing by how my clothes were fitting. Take your measurements and you will see your results. Building muscle turns your body into a long term fat burning machine :) Never give up!
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Please keep on going it will happen if you do things right. I would give a few suggestions #1 if you don't have a food scale get one a simple digital scale can be had for $10 or less and weigh your foods it is very possible that you are over portioning. #2 the first 10 lbs or so is probably just water weight your body will need some time to adjust to a new lifestyle you didn't put the weight on in a month and you won't take it off in a month. #3 check your sodium intake salt will make your body retain water most packaged foods have huge sodium levels in it but along with this is make sure you drink water water and then more water. I would also suggest that you probably don't need to go hog wild with the changes small changes will make a huge difference over time think of this as new habits and not just a diet, if you are just looking to diet you probably will go back to where you started. I started in Feb and am down almost 40lbs now but I am not on a diet I am just eating correctly, my exercise really has not increased I do walk a small bit more then I used to but nothing dramatically maybe a mile a day more then I used to before I started the journey.

Small changes that you can continue over the long term will be better then huge changes in a short term.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The first couple of weeks is only water weight that we lose. Now, before you totally give up, this whole thing is about getting healthy (or it should be). Make that your focus. Weigh and measure ALL your food (we tend to overestimate this a lot). Also as far as exercise - find something that you enjoy - not something you think will make you lose. That is the key to sticking with it.

I've been doing this for a year. I really thought that I would be "through" by now. After the first few months, my focus shifted to improving my health. That is what made the difference. I run, I lift heavy, I eat healthy. I eat enough to fuel my body for my workouts and day to day living. Now I know that it's all about having patience and being consistent. You have to WANT to get up and do this every day. Your plan has to be a plan that your body will cooperate with for the long haul.

All of this.

Also, make this your routine. I'm two years in and I'm not so time-frame oriented as I once was (I was one of those brides to be who joined to lose weight for my wedding). Now logging my food, making good choices, and hitting they gym are just the way I live my life.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

All of this.

Also, make this your routine. I'm two years in and I'm not so time-frame oriented as I once was (I was one of those brides to be who joined to lose weight for my wedding). Now logging my food, making good choices, and hitting they gym are just the way I live my life.

yah. ^^^^^ all of that. its only been 3 weeks. don't worry too much about the scale. its about consistency, health and sticking with it. you don't need to beat yourself up over trying to watch your own egg boil. srsly, have u watched a fricken egg boil. takes like 10 times as long. true story.
  • ayedemi17
    ayedemi17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also am choosing to measure my different body areas in inches to see how much comes off. I have found that I have a lot of muscle mass in my body and do not always get the fat off....so don't be discouraged...you are doing great!