Studying Nutrition after weight loss

Options
Allyice
Allyice Posts: 122 Member
I started my weight loss journey last August and lost 32 kilos through eating healthy and exercise. This forum helped me alot, and it made my passion for nutrition grow into something more that I decided to study. Mainly because alot of friends ask me for advice (like there's this big secret), and I want to know I'm giving out the right kind. Hence the signing up to study an Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine, only just started and it's straining on the brain but I love it.
Just wanted to know if anyone else one there had their weight loss journey turn into something more of a career.

Replies

• goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yes hotstuff!! btw looking great:) I constantly study biochemistry..exercise sciences..anthropology..and my career has taken off.NEVER STOP LEARNING AND GROWING! and there are SECRETS...
    best from NYC
    Kristian Rocco
  • Allyice
    Options
    Love it! That's inspiring!
    Oh I mean when people ask me for a "secret" like there's a certain pill or fad diet I should be telling them about, when I start talking about nutrition and exercise some of them just don't want to hear any more, lol.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to go back to school for dietetics after falling in love with nutrition during my weight loss, but I couldn't make it work financially. It will be a hobby for now :)
  • Allyice
    Options
    I really wanted to go back to school for dietetics after falling in love with nutrition during my weight loss, but I couldn't make it work financially. It will be a hobby for now :)

I'm in Australia, and my course costs are covered by a company called VET, which means I don't have to pay back the $25, 000 fee unless I'm earning over $40, 000 a year in installments, and if/when I am, I sure won't mind :)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous, you've really made it a true lifestyle change. Your clients will appreciate the fact that you were once heavy. I also think it will help you relate more to what your clients are going through. You look great BTW, strong work.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Oh I mean when people ask me for a "secret" like there's a certain pill or fad diet I should be telling them about, when I start talking about nutrition and exercise some of them just don't want to hear any more, lol.
    Unfortunately that's what most people want, a easy way to lose weight without changing their lifestyle.

That's awesome to hear that you went for your passion.

I too someday would like to get a second bachelor's or a master's in physical activity or nutrition. Just graduated from college with a degree in Graphic Design though, so going to wait a few years before doing so (but continuing to learn more about it through my work at a running company.)