Runners?

Options
nfpswife
nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
Looking for anyone to help keep up my motivation! I'm halfway through half-marathon training (wk 6) and run in the AM mostly. Any other runners out there?

Replies

• 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I did C25K at the beginning of the year, got hooked and am now thinking about a half in the fall. I am not following a specific program for it right just kind of winging it after reading up on a few programs. I "ran" (there were a few periods of walking a short bit of it) 8.6 miles last night. My longest completely-running run is 7.6 miles, which I did last Friday night. I am hoping that by November I can run a full 13.1. What training program are you using?
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie runner. Feel free to add me. Will be training for my 1st half early next year.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I start my half-marathon training next week. I have a half-marathon at the end of August and another at the end of September.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I just finished my third marathon on Sunday and have done 8 halves so far! Am always up to motivate!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Future marathoner here. I also work for a running company, so you can be sure to hear interesting tips from me.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    you rang?
    haha..
    Runner here.
    I run about 3 times a week up to a 10k. That's about all i've ever wanted. That's the GREATNESS about running. It's our own sport, it's individual, yet we all love it equally.

good luck with your training.
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner currently training for both a half marathon (June 23) and my first full marathon (Oct 13).
    I'm always looking for fellow runners to motivate and be motivated by. Please feel free to add me.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie runner as well. I used to be a 5k type runner years ago. 3+ miles a day and fell out of it. This is my 2nd week back into it and my 1st official week training for a Tough Mudder in October so I'm working on a running schedule to run a half marathon (even though it's not necessary). I'd still like to be able to run a half! I just haven't looked for any yet lol.

I'm also finishing up Insanity - in week 8. Then going on to Les Mills Combat so I'll be cross training. I'd love more motivational runner friends and I'm pretty good at motivating as well! :flowerforyou:
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Add me! I am in week nine of c210k and will move on to a half when I get there.
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Had never been a runner but last year something fueled the desire to do something i had never accomplished. Just finished 2 half marathons (within a week of each other) and UNDER the time goal I had set for myself. :bigsmile:

I hate the heat so I will continue to run as much as weather permits as I am planning on running a couple more in the fall.

Feel free to add me!!
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me!

After being out of commission all winter, I am getting back to regular running, currently averaging 4-6 miles and doing my first race of the year (a 5k!) this weekend.

I am signing up for an October marathon as well! EEK! I'm so scared and so excited!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm about to finish C25K (would have already finished, but was on vacation), and I'm participating in my second 5k this weekend. It'll be my first obstacle race. After that I'm going to begin C210K.

ETA: I also run in the AM. I can't seem to do it in the PM (get exhausted incredibly fast).
  • jamielynnmobile
    jamielynnmobile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Runner here! 5Ks mainly; I'm more interested in speed than distance. Injured myself recently in training for a race, so now I'm in the horrible, awful, tedious phase of recovering--lots of elliptical, a little no-incline walking. :(:(:( Curious how many others have injuries or get shin splints in training...
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have been running since I was 9 yo. Mostly 5K and 10K distances, as nothing further really interested me. After several knee surgeries, I was on hiatus, thinking that the pounding of training would be too much for my knees. I have since discovered that if I don't run on consecutive days and am careful to strength train, my knees are just fine. I turn 40 this year and set some fitness goals including running a 10 miler (completed on 5/25/2013) and a half-marathon (scheduled for 6/23/2013).

I also run in the a.m. It's my favorite way to start the day! I usually run 3 days per week. Lately I've been doing one long run, one medium length (5ish miles) and one day of speed work. I strength train, do yoga, and swim to supplement.

I would welcome new runner friends!
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    I have ran over a dozen 5Ks and completed my first half marathon this month. I love adding running friends.
  • lahalab
    lahalab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i'm training for my 10 K now....have one is septemeber, but it's really amazing how we can transform.....i'm still struggling a bit but hope i can do it.
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am training for my second half marathon on Oct 6th. Feel free to add me! I am not followinga aspecific plan, but am interested to know if anyone has found a good one? x
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners! I usually run in the mornings (5k) 3x per week and supplement with strength training/aerobics classes at the gym.
    I would love some new running buddies to encourage morning runs. It's getting HOT here in Texas so mornings are the only option for me. I've run multiple 5k race, and I want to train for a half!
    Any runners feel free to add me.
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I always think it helps to see others out there logging in miles and time....I've done maybe 10? half marathons and am training now for my 2nd marathon (in October).....I'm not fast...but I get it done :-)
  • GFQueen
    GFQueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Runner here! I'm training for my first half-marathon, and I'm also participating in Runner's World 'Running Streak'. At least 1 mile per day from Memorial Day to Independence Day.

I'm back into running after my mother passed away last year. I have found it a very theraputic way to cope with the grief, and to focus my mind on something positive and healthy.

Feel free to add me if you'd like!