Over 50???

Options
How many in the "over 50" crowd are on here and how are you losing the weight?

Replies

• lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    How many in the "over 50" crowd are on here and how are you losing the weight?
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well passed :tongue: I have been watching calories only and so far so good! This is a wonderful site and it takes most of the work out :glasses:
    24167.png
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    One over 50 here...I lost 100+ pounds about 3 years ago using weight watchers @ home program....we moved last August, I broke my foot & gained 20 back...I've been on here since December and the weight is coming off very very slowly, but it is coming off & the inches have been melting away...portion control and exercise...the only way I know that works.....:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    :heart:
    vee
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. I've lost 24 pounds since January by counting calories and exercising. I've overhauled my eating habits by trying to eat healhy foods and cutting out most of the junk food and junky snacks. I've become a major label reader. :happy: This website has been a tremendous help in my goal for a healthy lifestyle change.

Betty
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 50, soon to be 51. I have just followed MFP's calorie reccomadations for my caloric intake. My goal was to lose 40lbs but after reaching that goal I decided to lose a little more and have now lost 53 lbs. I am on maintance calories now but I really do need to get more excerize into my life style so I can tone up. Mostly for excersize I have been walking my dog, my job is a pretty physical kind of job and doing about 2-3 hrs. of yard work everyday. I need to do some weight training to tighten up the flab. I joined here just befor Christmas so I lost the weight in about 5 months and I have been on maintance for about a month. .
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I guess I qualify even though I hate to admit it. I just followed the caloric intake and walked everyday. It didn't help me tone anything though. I guess I'll have to crack down on that soon. The support system here was so wonderful though. I have about 10 to go maybe 15 if I really want to stretch it. Been doing it a year come this Aug. It's hard to lose the last little for me. Enjoy the site.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 too. This site has been a real lifesaver for me. I've got a thyroid problem, and didn't think I could lose anything, since I hadn't been able to whenever I tried off and on. BUT, once I started on this site, which was a real eye opener on what I was eating, I started watching what I ate, as well as exercising (dancing and walking) and the weight started coming off!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I'll be 54 in July. I lost 40 lbs after finding out I have coronary artery disease last November. I have lost my weight by eating right, running, and doing resistance training. I usually alternate running days and lifting days.
  • dejones
    dejones Posts: 41
    Options
    I am 50 and I have lost by eating right, aerobics, and riding my exercising bike. With the help of MFP it has been easier than I thought.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 will be 54 in July. I have 5 lb lost by working out and eating right. I got serious about losing the weight when my doctor said that my blood pressure was high and I had to start taking med to control it.