Brand New!

qaa1987
qaa1987 Posts: 3 Member
Hello!

I just started on Monday and I am very excited! I have noticed that I never reach my calorie goal even though I am snacking on healthy foods and eating balanced meals. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    For your snacks, try eating more high calorie (but still healthy) snacks. If you like nuts, raw almonds and cashews are a good snack and those will help your calories add up quickly!
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    I've only been on here 3 weeks and I did find it hard to stick to the 1200 allotted calories but if you throw in exercise, it gives you additional calories :) Lol
  • kitxkatxkai
    kitxkatxkai Posts: 26
    I completely agree. Nuts are a great way to go when snacking. Plus almonds are a great energy source. :)
  • qaa1987
    qaa1987 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning!

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually do eat almonds for one of my snacks. Maybe I eat too few?
  • kmartinixx
    Oh wait, I may have misread lol. Do you mean you never consume all of your calories? Or you're always going over?

Either way, I also forgot to say WELCOME! I'm kind of new, too lol.
  • kmartinixx
    Good morning!

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually do eat almonds for one of my snacks. Maybe I eat too few?

Okay, so I was right lol. Just got confused. Hmmm, maybe. But nuts aren't really the only option haha. Do you like avocado? That's another healthy fat. I love adding them to my sandwiches sometimes. I always make a turkey, avocado sandwich with tomato and onion.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    I am the same way, but some people mentioned "drinking" your calories. If you don't feel like eating anything, maybe make a protein drink or something. That way you are getting some calories (and other good things) but not forcing yourself to eat.