Nutritional information "as served"?

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
This is kind of a continuation of something I posted last night - I was upset at the amount of calories in a TGI Friday's burger. Someone pointed out that the nutritional information may include the fries it comes with and that's why it's so high. All the nutrition menu says is that it's for the food "as served." So if it's served with fries, does that mean it includes fries too? I can't really tell. I even asked the restaurant and no one there knew either.

Anyone have any clue? Here's their nutrition guide... I was looking at the Sedona Black Bean Burger. http://www.tgifridays.com/_images/pdfs/Nutritional.pdf

Replies

• elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I feel like the 1200 may be be the burger and as served means with the generic toppings they'd put on it unless otherwise noted... but I may be wrong.
  • Ziggyzambo
    Ziggyzambo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find the legal definition of the term, even on the FDA's site, which is odd. If you really want to know I'd contact them at

consumer@fda.gov
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    that's just the burger. As served means the mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc.

scroll down on that PDF a bit and you'll see the fries listed separately.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Good news everyone! I emailed corporate about it and just got a response. "As served" DOES include any sides that come with it! So that awful calorie count includes fries :)
  • blue_eyes998
    blue_eyes998 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! Now I just have to guestimate how many calories having eaten most of the shrimp and not many fries from my Fridays Shrimp "as served" meal... :)
  • ViennaTaylor
    Options
    Wait are you sure? Cause I'm going there today getting the cheese burger and I also thought 1110 calories was way to much, so fried are definitely included? Did you speak to someone from Fridays?